The University of Pennsylvania Amateur Radio Club, founded as the Wireless Club of the University of Pennsylvania on October 4,1909, is one of the world's oldest Amateur Radio Clubs. The brief history of the Club can be viewed here.
The Club's repeater system was installed and continues to be maintained by former Club Trustee WN3A. Although the system signs Club callsign, N3KZ, it is privately owned. WN3A owns the repeater hardware and performs the majority of the construction and maintenance of the system. The repeater system and the Club are independent entities. Neither share monetary funds with the other. All Club members are given free use of the system. However, supporters of the repeater system are not necessarily members of Club. Membership in the Club is open to students, faculty, staff, and alumni of the University of Pennsylvania. The repeater system is open for use by all amateurs.
Being a wide-coverage system subject to a large volume of traffic, there are several policies which help maintain equitable access to the system. Members are given priority on the system at all times. Non-members are welcome to use the system, but we ask that they keep in mind that they are guests, and that other amateurs, especially members, may be waiting to use the system. During drive time and during adverse weather especially, we ask that non-members keep their QSO lengths reasonable and give way to member and priority traffic.
Last modified: 2012-05-29 10:54:05, 2660 bytes cached
This user has no active logs
Does this page contain inappropriate content? If so, Report this page...