W6FSC was founded as the official Fresno State College ham radio club in the late 50s. The club dwindled down in student interest and was disbanded in the mid 70s. In the mid 80s a grouped of campus ham employees banded together and started a new amateur group named the BullDawg Repeater Associates. The group mainly supported a local VHF low-level repeater on the campus on 145.230Mhz. In the early 90s a UHF repeater, on 443.600Mhz., was linked to the VHF repeater and was intended to provide a wide-area coverage over the central San Joaquin Valley. The repeaters were selectively linked together, and provided phone patch services also. Eventually the high-level UHF repeater was moved to a new high-level site and remains there today. Under the management of Dave Smith, W6TE, the campus station included radios on all ham bands from 160M to 10Ghz., with powers at the legal limit on most bands. The antenna farm covers the entire top of the Industrial Technology Building, and includes both VHF and UHF EME arrays Finally, under orders of the campus administration the CSUF station was disassembled in November 2006,and all of the equipment was relocated elseware. Both repeater systems are now located on Bear Mountain (3800') east of Fresno, and still operate under the original club call of W6FSC.
Last modified: 2012-07-02 19:15:00, 1339 bytes cached
This user has no active logs
Does this page contain inappropriate content? If so, Report this page...