QRZ.COM
Please login help/register
callsign: password: secure login
Database News Forums Swapmeet Resources Contact
 03:51:13 UTC 20 Apr 2014 
Advanced Search Current Hot Callsigns XML Logbook Data QSL ListMaker Database Downloads DX Spotting Network Ham Club Database QSL Corner Top Web Contacts Expired Callsigns Daily Update Reports Just Added Callsigns Database Help Forum
Amateur Radio News General Announcements Special Events, Contests, etc. Hamfests and Conventions Silent Keys Headlines
Forums Home Discussions, Editorials, Talk Technical Forums Logging and Contesting RV and Mobile Help Forums
Ham Radio Gear for Sale Ham Made Gear General Merchandise Swapmeet Hot List Ham to Ham References Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-offs
Site Menu... Practice Amateur Radio Exams Amateur Radio Study Guides Online License Renewals License Wall Certificates Commercial Ham Radio Links DX Country Atlas Grid Mapper Ham Radio Trivia Quiz Life Member Honor Roll
Help Desk, for accounts, lost passwords, etc. Add your callsign to QRZ Subscription Services Users Help Forum Frequently Asked Questions - FAQ QRZ en Espanol Privacy Statement Advertise with QRZ List of Current Advertisers About QRZ Donate to QRZ Contact us
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-AmericanRadio
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-rl
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-innov
ad: l-BCInc
ad: l-gcopper
  QSL image for K9JWV

K9JWV USA flag USA

Login is required for additional detail.


[+] Mailing label


[-]

Lookups:   14615 Ham Member

Email: Login required to view

Licensed since 1956, first off as a Novice and then Conditional; that sure seems like a long time ago! I let my license expire some years during a 21 yuear stint in the U.S. Navy BUT I re-took the exams about 30 years ago and thoroughly enjoy being back into Ham Radio.

Currently into QRP CW contesting and QRPp CW operation about 99% of the time; the other 1% is SSB but only in an emergency; e.g., I was worried I wouldn't work NH8S, for #268, so I observed, on DX Summit, that they were on 3795, working up so I went to 3801, sat there and called them 4 times - finally,they answered me - but, for all of that, I did work them on CW the following day!

My main rigs: a Ten Tec Jupiter, a Steve Weber 160 meter QRP single bander that I use during 160 contests, an SW+ 30 and Rockmite 20. My home QTH antenna is a 43 foot Vertical, three 25' top loading wires dropping down at around 40 degrees, 80 elevated radials - forty 50 foot wires running east and west and forty 25 foot wires running north and south - a 160 meter loading coil that has the antenna resonant at 1830 kHz when switched in via a relay controlled from the shack and an LDG Z11ProII auto tuner at the base; that antenna system is working FB!

QRP "is" and my evidence: DXCC QRP (173 confirmed) and WAC QRP with my QRP rigs and vertical antennas; all of that in the past 4 years! Also have WAZ confirmed over the years but not QRP.

My DXCC total, over the years - while employing vertical antennas only and always operating at < 100 watts - is 284; I just added VK9MT, Mellish Reef, on 15 mters (all CW,of course!).

I especially enjoy operating on the lower bands, 40 through 160; I completed QRP WAS on 160 meters on 22 February, 2012 and QRP WAS on 80 meters on 22 April, 2012! I am working on WAS QRPp (1 watt or less) on 80 meters for the next couple of spring/fall seasons (have 15 so far!).

My affiliations include: CW OPS 202; ARS 2346; NAQCC 1974; QRP ARCI 12912; SKCC 3314

Note: I utilize the ARRL QSL bureau for DX cards. Other QSLs can be sent direct or via LoTW.

That picture, in the upper right hand corner, was taken one morning here in s/w Utah - you can see the 43' vertical, the three sloping top hat wires (emphasized by me in black) and the set of four white guy cables.

Hope to work you "on the air" for a rag chew QSO or in one of the contests! 72, Jim Rodenkirch, K9JWV

Last modified: 2014-04-07 13:29:54, 3278 bytes

Login Required

Login is required for additional detail.


Apply for a new Vanity callsign...

You must be logged in to file a report on this page

Please login now...

Currently updating logbook display.
ad: giga-db
Copyright © 2014 by QRZ.COM
Sun Apr 20 03:51:13 2014 UTC
CPU: 0.042 sec 35185 bytes mp