ALSO PJ7FF (DUTCH SINT MAARTEN ISLAND DX EXPEDITION IOTA NA-105 JULY 6-13 2013), AND IU2CKG
PLEASE POST MY CALL AND FREQ. IN THE CLUSTER IF YOU WORK ME, THANKS!
I DO NOT QSL DIRECT! ONLY LOTW OR EQSL, PLEASE! THANKS!
Avid DXer, Contester and eSSBer. I like every aspect of our great hobby, from eSSB to digital and everything in between!
I am part of the DFW Contest Group (www.dfwcontest.com), ARI-MI DX Team (IQ2MI) from ARI Milan, Italy (www.arimi.it), and one of the eSSB "Gurus" group on 3.630 Mhz (www.n9vr.com/3630.html - www.essb-bandwidth.blogspot.com/)
Please visit my youtube account where you can find audio and video recordings of my DX's and QSO's plus other Ham Radio related videos at:.
Rules for DXing or How to have more FUN on the Bands:
4. When the DX says "ABC only"- Don't believe him. If he says "Europe only" - Don't believe him. If he says, "2's only" - Don't believe him. Keep giving your call "XYZ? !!.XYZ !! .XYZ !! How Copy MARCO?" Make sure you use his name when you call him, he may think you are someone he knows. It must work as we hear it on bands all the time so it has to be effective. Don't pay attention to directional calls. When did any DX know what they wanted ? What matters most is what YOU want.
5. To get the DX to work other modes tell him you want to set up a schedule later which is convenient to you. You should wait until the pileup has built up to several hundred and just before the band is about to go out, then ask him to meet you on CW, PSK31, RTTY or SSB at a set time and frequency. Above all, make sure you tell him that YOU need him on these modes. This will endear you in the hearts of all on frequency, it shows that you can work more than one mode and are a well-rounded amateur.
6. If you have worked the DX previously make sure you call him and tell him that he is stronger than the last 7 times you worked him this week. The DX station will want to know this. Others on frequency will respect you more, you will be recognized as a Big Gun DXer.
7. When you find a DX pileup, to bring your operating skills to a higher level and impress all those on frequency - Zero beat the DX send "QRL? Is this frequency in use?" This shows character and that you are truly a caring person.
8. When finally making the DX contact, give the DX some background about yourself, TX, RX, ANT, WX, how many children and grandchildren you have, where they went to college, what size bedroom slipper you wear, or any other items of interest to the DX. This shows that you are not just a 59 kind of guy. This is most effective when the band is just about to fold.
1079364 Last modified: 2014-07-06 02:42:00, 7566 bytes
You must be logged in to file a report on this page
Currently updating logbook display.