ABOUT ME & THE STATION
My name is Bill, and I have been a keen radio enthusiast for many years and finally decided to go for the foundation licence. I enjoy many modes of operation and am QRV from 40m through to 2m. I always try to work new countries when the conditions allow. I have recently started using D-STAR as another method of communication. Hope to hear you soon!!!
- For HF I use a fan dipole for 40m,30m, 20m, & 17m. I also have an antron 99 for 15m through to 6m!
- My HF radio is a Kenwood TS-480SAT
- For D-STAR i use an ID51 with DVAP/ RASPBERRY PI, MY DTMF 1809
- For PSK i use an interface by M0AQC
- For 2m FM i use an Anytone tranceiver with an X-50 2m/70cm collinear antenna.
SOCIAL MEDIA & CONTACT
- I have never been a big fan of social media, but i suppose it has its uses. I have recently started a twitter account for my callsign as of mid July 2013. If you hear me on the bands call me or follow me on twitter!! :-)
FACEBOOK - Well i havent set up an account yet. Not sure about it, i may make one in the future!!
EMAIL - To email me just click the mail icon over on the right. I will get back to ASAP
DONT SEND MONEY!!!
I dont normally send many QSL cards because as you read above I have have made many many contacts using PSK, and to be fair, I wouldn't fancy the cost of stamping a card for every one of those contacts. However, if you would like a card from Northern Ireland, I will upon request send you a QSL card. Just drop me an email to the above address with your callsign and postal details if different from QRZ, and I will post one to you. If you wish to send me your qsl please do so via the bureau :-)
MY QSO MAP
Sometimes this map below doesnt display correctly. If you dont see any QSO markers or the markers are not above the correct country - then its not my coding fault, but infact the fault of the handshaking between HRDlog and Google maps.
My map isnt 100% up to date. I will update it as and when i get time.