ABOUT ME & THE STATION
My name is Bill, and I have been a keen radio enthusiast for many years and finally decided to go for the foundation licence. I enjoy many modes of operation and am QRV from 40m through to 2m. I always try to work new countries when the conditions allow. I have recently started using D-STAR as another method of communication. Hope to hear you soon!!!
- For HF I use a fan dipole for 40m,30m, 20m, & 17m. I also have an antron 99 for 15m through to 6m!
- My HF radio is a Kenwood TS-480SAT
- For D-STAR i use an ID51 with DVAP/ RASPBERRY PI,
- For D-STAR Contact Try X REFLECTOR DCS005I ,,MY DTMF 1809
- For PSK i use an interface by M0AQC
- For 2m FM i use an Anytone tranceiver with an X-50 2m/70cm collinear antenna.
SOCIAL MEDIA & CONTACT
- I have never been a big fan of social media, but i suppose it has its uses. I have recently started a twitter account for my callsign as of mid July 2013. If you hear me on the bands call me or follow me on twitter!! :-)
FACEBOOK - Well i havent set up an account yet. Not sure about it, i may make one in the future!!
EMAIL - To email me just click the mail icon over on the right. I will get back to ASAP
MY QSO MAP
Sometimes this map below doesnt display correctly. If you dont see any QSO markers or the markers are not above the correct country - then its not my coding fault, but infact the fault of the handshaking between HRDlog and Google maps.
My map isnt 100% up to date. I will update it as and when i get time.