I was born in 1951. Licensed since 2000, I have been interested in electronics and radio since the age of 14.
Graduated as an electricity engineer from the “Faculté Polytechnique de Mons”, I worked during 10 years in the Radcom department of Bell Telephone Mfg Cy in Belgium.
Since 1992, I have worked for the Ministry of Equipment and Transport, being in charge of the management of motorways …, that’s the reason why I came back to electronics via amateur radio.
I am also a member of the Rotary Club of Colfontaine-Borinage – D1620
I like …
- HF DXing (outside of Europe).
- Hunt the IOTA activations and DX expeditions.
- Spend time in my lab / workshop, trying to optimize my station and working conditions, implementing some home made equipments.
I’m a fan of the KENWOOD brand but I replaced my “old and trusty” TS-870 with a TEN‑TEC (knock on wood !) for its fantastic CW as well as SSB RX design features.
- TEN-TEC Omni VII + Audio line (mike RØDE M3 + dbx286A mike amplifier / compressor / expander gate + dbx215 equalizer 15 channels) + linear amp ACOM 1010
- KENWOOD TS-2000 for 50 MHz and up. A real multipurpose rig, satellite included.
- KENWOOD TS-50 for mobile and portable on holiday ; maybe not the most fashionable rig for this kind of job, but so efficient and strong, sounding clearly.
- BUTTERNUT HF2V vertical antenna for 80 and 40 m (a full quarter wave on 40), with 34 radials buried in the ground. A good antenna dedicated to low bands, with 2 large coils for tuning when needed.
- PKW MHF1E monoband rotary dipole for 40 m (see picture) : a poor mechanical assembly – broken in two by the first windstorm – but easy to repair and reinforce, now ready to withstand any storm, so I hope.
- K.L.M. KT34-A four elements for 20 – 15 – 10 m (see picture). Great efficiency for a middle-sized antenna, with the advantage of no trap – Feeder : 50 m HIFLEX 7/8” (loss : 0,65 dB/100m at 28 MHz).
- Home-made 2 elements full size monoband for 17 m.
- TONNA Pro-XL 9 elements for 2 m, heavy-duty long boom model + SSB SP-2000 mast preamplifier.
- TONNA 5 elements ref. 20505 for 6 m : a cheap model and rather light assembly (not currently operational).
- CUSHCRAFT A144-20T 2x10 crossed elements VHF + CUSHCRAFT 416-TB 2x8 crossed elements UHF for satellite (not currently operational).
- ECO ART66 : a set of 5 monobands for mobile : helical type, good efficiency with a fairly large bandwidth, sturdy and quite cheap - what more could anyone want !?
A member of UBA, RSGB and ARRL.
Best 73’s, hoping to meet you on the air …
Last modified: 2011-01-22 00:33:53, 7579 bytes
You must be logged in to file a report on this page
Currently updating logbook display.