Here are a few pictures of my homebrew 160-2m SSPA as were published in January 2015 QST (photos copyright ARRL). 2.5W in, 1.25kW out, 1.8-144MHz (yes, I built the case too - this was not a kit - though I do gratefully acknowledge substantial design help from K7ES publications on the HF+6 and from W6PQL on the VHF and system control):
...and two views of the inside. The left hand side is VHF, the right hand side is HF+6, with shared components such as the controller, etc. wherever they fit. Note how tight packed the HF+6 harmonic filter board is tucked into the far right hand side; even more impressive when you know it is actually seven banks of diplexers rated for 1.5 kW rather than just LPFs!
The amp has passed the 3,000 QSO milestone with confirmed QSOs on 2, 6, 10, 12, 15, 17, 20, 30, 40, 60, 75, 80, and 160 (with output power set appropriately where it is limited) across AM, CW, SSB, RTTY, PSK, and JT65 modes.
And here on the left is my EME antenna (cross polarized above) and steerable dipole for 6/10/15 (below the EME). I use a simple unmatched dipole fed by ladder line for the lower bands. My station is pictured on the right:
From left to right, a Kenwood TS-790a for VHF/UHF (specifically, EME transmit), a Flex 1500 (behind keyboard under monitor) that I started with for HF+6 transcieve, the SSPA of course, a Palstar AT2K stacked above it and next to a LinkRF IQ+ for EME receive, and then the logging computer which also runs MAP65. After the photo was taken, I subsequently upgraded to a Flex 6500, a Palstar HF-AUTO, and a high-performance computer to run SmartSDR and DM780... 6500 on the shelf under the surface to the left, the HF-AUTO under on the right, and the high performance computer on wheels under the HF-AUTO.
...and here is a photo of me - dressed for the office to pay for all this!
6173797 Last modified: 2015-07-16 00:21:21, 2515 bytes
You must be logged in to file a report on this page
Book Totals: 14 qso's 11 confirmed Get a free logbook at QRZ.COM