I got a late start in life as a ham, it was on my 'to-do' list for more
than a decade, and didn't happen until late 2008 when the kids were
finally old enough to give me some free time.
My blog site is: http://ws4e.blogspot.com where I just keep track of my ham goings on.
I am a member(and previous President) of the Louisville ARTS(Amature Radio Transmitting Society) Club ,
and participate in the OMISS Net #6695.
I also enjoy working from the field ever since I started taking my FT-817 to
remote locations, parks, etc., thowing up an antenna and working QRP.
I am a member of NAQCC(North American QRP CW Club) #3241 ,
and SKCC(Straight Key Century Club) #5784 .
I also enjoy the hobby of Homebrewing my own Beer, especially with lots of home grown hops.
My Current Gear:
- Yaseu FT-450
- Icom IC-2100
- Kenwood TS-530SP
- Yaesu FT-857 (amsat)
- MFJ-9040 (portable)
- IC-7000 (mobile)
- Softrock Ensemble II SDR (rx with modded FT-450 -- See here: http://ws4e.blogspot.com/2011/07/ft-450-sdr-interface-to-softrock.html)
- 80m Windom OCF Dipole (inverted-V, center at 50ft)
- Ladder Line J-pole for 2m @60+ feet in a tree for wide coverage
- Arrow J-pole in attic
- 43ft fiberglass HF vertical in backyard among trees
- Arrow 2m/70cm yagis for Amsat on Rotor
Picture of the shack:
Map of recent QSOs:
Recent Logbook Entries:
View my fulllogbook online here.
7720450 Last modified: 2016-11-26 00:09:45, 4963 bytes
You must be logged in to file a report on this page