..MY QSL Information is :
DIRECT ONLY, To cover postage costs please include 1 NEW VALID IRC or $2 U.S and an addressed envelope please, NOTE Cards with insufficient contribution to the postage costs will be returned via the bureau .PLEASE do NOT send via BUREAU
If you must send IRCs' make sure they are STAMPED, as they are NotAccepted here without the POST OFFICE STAMP
If you are a member of the Royal Signals Amateur Radio Society then please QSL to Bryan M0OIC via the RSARS Bureau. Or send him a SAE for a Direct QSL.
I also automatically EQSL.cc and L.O.T.W_____ Visitors to the Island please check http://www.cyhams.org
FT-2000/D, HEIL-HC5 H/set, Behringer "Shark" DSP110, ACOM-1000, AL-811 Palstar AT1500DT, , IC-735, JRC NRD-525, CG-5000 Auto ATU, FT-60R, FT-1802, Vx-1 , Baofeng UV5R+
A MOBILE PHONE ENGINEERS CAR
Main HF Station is, FT-2000D / IC 756 Pro 3/ TS480Sat ,HEIL ProElite 6 H/set, BEHRINGER Shark DSP110 , ACOM-1000 HF Amp, PALSTAR 1500DT, PC tower, Foxconn Pentium D 940, 3.2 ghz, LG 24" Monitor,HP Compaq D530 3.0ghz, LG 19" monitor, both using HamRadioDeluxe v.5 Logging/Rig control software, JPS NIR-12, Bhi NES10-2, BRAVO Tube headphone amp,(6922EH)
VHF/UHF station - Yaesu FT-1802, FT-60R, VX-1, into a V2000 triband vertical
HF Antennas:New QTH Presently using GM3VLB Hex 20-6m and COMET H422 Quad Band Rotry dipole V, Fishing pole for 40-6m.Hustler BTV5 Vertical (with 12/17m mods), FORCE 12, SIGMA 5 Vertical
Mobile/p Station : is TS-570DGE/Heil HC5,AT-230 Atu,IC-735 ,AT-150,LDG AT600pro,Hustler BTV5 (12&17m mods),FORCE 12 Sigma 5 VerticalMFJ 949E Atu, Super antenna MP-1 9ft Steel whip,, 3/4/5/6m MiniDelta loops, Modified Silver Rod vertical,SRX300 multi band mobile antenna + 10m,12m,15m,17m,20m and 40m MONO band whips. .AEA- Isoloop HF antenna 20-10m CG-5000 Auto ATU, 20m dipole, 10m Fishing pole Vertical , Firestick, DV27long,
BACK-UP EQUIPMENT. : - , Sony Stage Audio Mic,. MFJ-1026 ,MAAS 60&30 amp,switchmode psus,,Diawa 12ampMicroset 35amp .MFJ 259bSWR analyser MFJ 949E,RM FL-7000(DOA Boat anchor)
JRC - NRD 525, GW Instek GPR-3060 lab psu.,wet/dry dummy loads. SONY7600GR,HITACHI KH-WS1,.NationalRF-B600L receiver
RSARS MEMBER 4133/C4DX-F096 - 09/03/2011
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS ALL IN FUN (DO NOT TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY) ALSO HOPE THE WRITER OF THIS MASTERPIECE IS NOT UPSET WITH ME USING IT ON MY PAGE. IF SO PLEASE LET ME KNOW.THIS IS SO TRUE, IN MANY CASES THIS HAPPENS TO ME. NO# 3 AND 4 MOST OF ALL.
LOL . This is fun
Rules for DXing or How to have more FUN on the Bands:
The DX MODE:
1. If you come upon a pileup, find the exact DX frequency and slowly tune up your KW right on his frequency. Take your time doing this as it has maximum effect this way. The longer you take, the better. It lets others know that YOU are going to call the DX.
2. If you cannot wait to find out the DX call sign, ask, "What is the DX call sign?" On CW send “DX?” Call?" Do NOT listen, this takes time. DO this repeatedly until someone gives you the DX call. This will show all others on frequency that you are serious about wanting to work this DX. This is called sharing.
3. When you find out the DX call, repeat your call over and over again on the DX frequency. Even if he is working split there is a chance he may be listening on his transmit frequency.
4. When the DX says "ABC only"- Don't believe him. If he says "Europe only" - Don't believe him. If he says, "2's only" - Don't believe him. Keep giving your call "XYZ” !!.XYZ !! .XYZ !! How Copy MARIO?" Make sure you use his name when you call him, he may think you are someone he knows. It must work as we hear it on bands all the time so it has to be effective. Don't pay attention to directional calls. When did any DX know what they wanted ? What matters most is what YOU want.
5. To get the DX to work other modes tell him you want to set up a schedule later which is convenient to you. You should wait until the pileup has built up to several hundred and just before the band is about to go out, then ask him to meet you on CW, PSK31, RTTY or SSB at a set time and frequency. Above all, make sure you tell him that YOU need him on these modes. This will endear you in the hearts of all on frequency, it shows that you can work more than one mode and are a well-rounded amateur.
6. If you have worked the DX previously make sure you call him and tell him that he is stronger than the last 6 times you worked him this week. The DX station will want to know this. Others on frequency will respect you more, you will be recognized as a Big Gun DXer.
7. When you find a DX pileup, to bring your operating skills to a higher level and impress all those on frequency - Zero beat the DX send "QRL? Is this frequency in use?" This shows character and that you are truly a caring person.
8. When finally making the DX contact, give the DX some background about yourself, TX, RX, ANT, WX, how many children and grandchildren you have, where they went to college, what size bedroom slipper you wear, or any other items of interest to the DX. This shows that you are not just a 59 kind of guy. This is most effective when the band is just about to fold.
9. After you have worked the DX you will need the QSL route. Although this will be listed on the DX packet cluster, in ARRL & DX News Letters, and on the Internet, there is no reason for you to go to all the bother of reading these sources. You can just keep calling on the DX frequency."What is the QSL Information?" If you don't get a reply with the information after 8 or 10 calls, keep it up, your persistence will payoff. There are plenty of other stations on frequency who are waiting to work the DX who have read these publications and they willing and ready to help you.
Rules for THE FUN MODE
1. For a split operation, spend most of your day listening and transmitting on the DX sending frequency. On CW, if someone calls on the DX transmitting frequency, right away using your J-38 at 4 WPM, send VP.UG.NP .UP. until you get it right. If the station continues to call on the DX frequency, then send LSD LIB LED. LID until you get it right.
This has three benefits.
A. Others waiting to work the DX will be forever indebted to you for informing the offending station that the DX is working split.
B. The offending station will be grateful.
C. You will get some needed code practice to get you over that 5 WPM hump.
2. For those with CW and voice memory keyers this will be easy. All you have to do is program in "UP"and "LID". For the more advanced operators you can add "SPLIT" "YOU IDIOT, WORKING SPLIT" .Using the memory keyers for your day's activity will save your voice. Should you happen by chance to have a QSO you will need it
Originally from Kingston Jamaica(6Y),but lived in England .Education was done in Slough.In 1971 joined the Army and completed 10 years(Royal Engineers). First taste of radio whilst posted for 6 years in Germany was CB 0.5w of AM ,Posted to Hohne,Hameln and Munsterlager then did Combat Signallers course/Crane op .Also travelled to Cyprus(1973/4) Berengaria nr Limmasol(UN Forces),Norway and Canada ,Medicine Hat. Usual tours of N.Ireland, Antrim, Castle Dillon. Demobbed in 1981 moved to Reading Berks.Thanks to local friends in Reading G4RUF Bill(RIP)who tutored us through the RAE.(B) Licensed 1982 (G6YRT). (A) license in 1985Thanks to Harry G4BXY for morse lessons, UK callG0DXC, Moved to the city of Southampton in 1987 was very active upto 1999,then ceased radio to play computers/internet. 2005 Decided to give up the "Rat race" Officially retired from the railway (S.W.T.) Aged 51 years old,and moved to The Gambia in Septmber 2005, applied and granted C5DXC.(MARCH 2006) (the Only resident licensed op there) and left the country December 2007.
Jan 2008, Now a full time resident in Chlorakas, CYPRUS, from 7/08/2008 granted call 5B4AIX, prior I was 5B/G0DXC/m/p.
Dec 2008 UPDATE, Moved in to new Qth at PEYIA, nr PAPHOS
July 2009 -BIG thanks to Darren G0TSM, who has supplied me with antennas and stuff, And took part in the IOTA contest 25/26 July 2009 5B/G0TSM(see also C52T) Also.
Oct 2012 RSGB 21/28 Contest First Place winner 5B/G0TSM
MARCH 2013 CHANGE OF QTH
FOR my FULL biography INFORMATION SEE C5DXC.
Skype me 'Skumsukker' check out Facebook.com for more pics.
WATCH THIS SPACE And listen out for some of us mobile operators.
Best 73's de 5B4AIX,C4DX(Contest Call), C5DXC, G0DXC
Last modified: 2013-10-14 10:56:18, 40545 bytes cached
This user has no active logs