DO NOT send direct cards to ZS6RI. They will NOT be answered. Direct cards ONLY to address above.
30 October 2012
I have gone QRT from Zambia. Will be on the air soon as 7P8RI. Thanks for all the enjoyable QSOs while I was here.
15 February 2012
I am enjoying playing radio here in Zambia. It keeps my quiet nights occupied, and DX'ers happy!
My work schedule is six weeks in Zambia, then three weeks at home in South Africa.
Will be QRV for a year or two.
For regular updates, see my blog site at : http://zs6ri.blogspot.com
QSL with SASE, or SAE and return postage.
Buro cards will be sent once a year.
LOTW will be uploaded at LEAST once every 6 week rotation, and probably even weekly.
DX CODE OF CONDUCT
1. I will listen and listen and then listen some more
2. I will only call if I can copy the DX station properly
3. I will not trust the cluster and will be sure of the DX station's call sign before calling
4. I will not interfere with the DX station nor anyone calling him and will never tune up on the DX frequency or in the QSX slot
5. I will wait for the DX station to end a contact before calling him
6. I will always send my full call sign
7. I will call and then listen for a reasonable interval. I will not call continuously
8. I will not transmit when the DX operator calls another call sign, not mine
9. I will not transmit when the DX operator queries a call sign not like mine
10. I will not transmit when the DX station calls other geographic areas than mine
11. When the DX operator calls me I will not repeat my call sign unless I think he has copied it incorrectly
12. I will be thankful if and when I do make a contact
13. I will respect my fellow hams and conduct myself so as to earn their respect
More information is available at the FOC website http://www.g4foc.org/, in March 2010 QST, at http://www.g4ifb.com/html/dxing.html#PileupTips and in more detail at http://www.on4ww.be/OperatingPracticeEnglish.html
Don't have a LoTW account?
Visit www.arrl.org/lotw to get started.
It's easy and it's free.