My name is Stan - AE7UT
I received my General license on my Birthday in 2010 and was given the call KF7IPW.
I passed the Extra exam 2 years later. First given AE7SR and changed to AE7UT.
I'm learning CW and appreciate all the help people have been.
Still plugging along at 10 WPM but trying to push it up as much as I can.
I am on almost every night on 7.140 or 7.050 ish.
I’ve been interested in Ham radio since I was a kid and built my first regen receiver, the RadioShack Globe Patrol in the Fifth Grade. Then school, a wife, kids, work and church kept me too busy to get my license. At 50 I finally decided it was now or never so I jumped in.
Grid Square: DM49br
CQ zone: 3
ITU Zone: 6
My Station - all Elecraft
- Elecraft K3 built Sep 2012
- Elecraft KX3 built Sep 2012 Used for SOTA, backpacking and camping
- Elecraft K2 built Nov 2013
- Elecraft K1 built Aug 2012
- Elecraft Kx1 Used for SOTA, backpacking and camping
- Zero Five 10-40 Ground plane vertical
- OCFD at 35 ft.
- Pixel Pro 1-B (receive antenna)
- ZS6BKW for portable in the trees set up
- YoYo Antenna for portable desert work
- LNR EF-10/20/40 MKII
- Elecraft KPA-500 Built Nov 2012
usually run 500 watts SSB on 75 & 40 meters at night
This is what I do for fun. I also get to share in the birth of many, many, many babies.
This is where I go when the above becomes a job. The family (5 girls) and I hit Arches, Moab, Capital Reef, Zion.
And of course a few pictures of the Shack both past and present. Antennas to come I hope soon.
Last modified: 2013-12-17 05:46:29, 3061 bytes
You must be logged in to file a report on this page
Currently updating logbook display.