German callsign on the basis of French one: F1MHV
Unfortunately, not able to speak German, only French & English, sorry.
Operating some voice SSB and mainly APRS ROBUST Packet with occasionally simultaneous AFSK 300bd transmission (SCS "Toggle mode" or "HF-DUAL") while /Aero Mobile on HF:
HF/AM APRS ROBUST Packet: DF1CHB-12,
HF/AM FSK300: DF1CHB-11, tx ONLY, NO rx,
Due to TRX limitations (1 khz tunning steps and USB mode only), APRS tracker is set with special tones: Mark 1200 Hz & Space 1400 Hz for AFSK 300bd eq. 1300 Hz center tone, and 800 Hz center tone for ROBUST PACKET, in order to match with the main net on 30m, using the following QRGs:
- RP300 7048.8 Khz center tone, AFSK300 7049.3 Khz center tone: eq. 7047.3 Khz USB dial for SCS TNC/Modems users,
- RP300 10148.8 Khz center tone, AFSK300 10149.3 Khz center tone: eq. 10147.3 Khz USB dial for SCS TNC/Modems users,
With good propagation above 30m, i might use as well:
- RP300 18107.8 Khz center tone, AFSK300 18108.3 Khz center tone: eq. 18106.3 Khz USB dial for SCS TNC/Modems users,
- RP300 24927.8 Khz center tone, AFSK300 24928.3 Khz center tone: eq. 24926.3 Khz USB dial for SCS TNC/Modems users,
During contest activity, i stay away using only the WARC bands
Any APRS feedbacks and report are welcome.
Sometimes /P VHF/UHF DSTAR:
I don't have paper QSL card, and i will not have any: QSO confirmation only via qrz.com logbook and electronic QSL only via www.eqsl.cc for the time being, thank you for your understanding.
Address shown on above eQSL card sample is not valid anymore!!
When doing SSB voice, most of the time i am operating following QRGs +/- QRM:
28430 / 24965 / 21265/ 18165 / 14325 / 7185 USB / 3791 USB and a French net on 14122, but check as well PH9HB/AM recommended ones, i might be there as well (or in the near)
Yes, on 40 & 80m operating USB, no other choice in /AM ( http://hfpack.com/air/ ).
Updated informations (ATC flight numbers and expected "on air" times) via twitter.com -> DF1CHB
Please find bellow some pictures and few informations about onboard HF equippment:
- Old style control panel, found in 737-300 series cockpits, on some aircraft LSB operational, some not. 1 Khz step.
- 90's style HF control panel found in 737-700 cockpit, 1 Khz step, no more LSB.
- New generation HF control panel found in latest B737NG's: frequency is preset on the right side (Standby) and become in use when transfered to the left side (Active), so no chance to "scan" the band! 1 Khz step, USB by default, AM possible, no more LSB.
- HF antenna
- HF automatic antenna tuner location on classic B737 series (-300/-400/-500)
APRS take place anytime unless few restrictions, SSB voice only during low cockpit workload: SAFETY FIRST!
1489040 Last modified: 2014-12-02 06:28:07, 5132 bytes
You must be logged in to file a report on this page
Currently updating logbook display.