thank your very much for visiting my QRZ.COM page. I would like to give you some informations about me.
I am born in 1966 and I am married with my lovely wife Christine since 2010. We are living in a small town round about 20km west of Duesseldorf. I got my first licence (DH0EAB) in the mid of the 80s..... After one year I hooked up to the highest German licence class and got the current and final callsign, DL2EDF.
Please find below some details about my modest station (all antennas mounted in the attic):
1) Shortwave, 40,30,20,17,15,12 and 10m with YAESU FT-897D and FC-40 Tuner and 4m wire antenna, VIBROPLEX Vibrocube lambic keyer.
2) VHF 6m SSB/CW with YAESU FT-817 at simple Dipol, Key is VIBROPLEX Code Warrior jr. with red paddles :-)
3) VHF 2m FM with KENWOOD TM-281A and CUSHCRAFT AR2 vertical antenna.
4) UHF 70cm FM with ANYTONE AT-588UHF with GP antenna
5) VHF/UHF 2m/70cm D-Star with ICOM ID-E880 and DIAMOND X50N antenna.
6) For the DigiModes I use Apple Notebooks (15'' Pro, 11'' Air) and an IBM ThinkPad.... with the well known SignaLink SL-1 Modem.
I prefer DigiModes like JT65, PSK31. But I am also active in CW, SSB, HELL and I tried with success first contact in Satelite communication with 3/5 YAGi on a Tripod and FT-60R handheld radio :-)
For local talk around and mobil/portabel operation I own several handheld radios, like MOTOROLA MX1000, YAESU FT-60R, ICOM ID-31E, ICOM IC-U82UHF... And for very special portabel activities I use my SEL SEM35 military manpack radio for 10m FM operations - very funny.
Latest radio, I got it Christmas 2013 :-) is an German Army handheld radio SEL SEM 52S. Now we are waiting for the next sporadic E openings on the 6m band.
That´s for now!! Hope to meet you on the bands!!!
73 de Joerg DL2EDF
MEMBER of: DARC, Local Club R16, ARRL, AGCW (#3811)
58028 Last modified: 2014-01-07 06:33:30, 6737 bytes
You must be logged in to file a report on this page
Currently updating logbook display.