A - I am 61 years old (SWL at 15, but HAM at 56) :
Now retired, I worked as a Research and Developpement Technician in an iron plate manufacture.
My prefered modes are SSB and PSK.
B - My shack is at the first floor (3 m x 3 m) and sunny the afternoon :
* 1 VHF/UHF TX : Yaesu FT-7800 (100 W in FM) + 1 vertical antenna 1.5 m
* one HF/50MHz TX : Yaesu FT-950 (100 W in SSB, 20 W in PSK)
* 1 manual HF Tuner : MFJ-941E
* 1 dynamic micro : Yaesu MD-200 (a very efficient one !.)
* one HF/50MHz antenna : home-made FD4 (12 m + 27.2 m / balun 4:1 / in V, from 9.5 m to 2.8 m)
(ROS = 1:1 on 40 m, 17 m & 10m / = 1.8:1 on 6 m / = 3:1 on 20 m & 15 m / = 4:1 on 12 m / 8:1 on 80 m.)
* 1 PC : Intel Core i3, 3.68 GHz, 4 Go RAM, System 32 bits
* 1 Laser printer : SAMSUNG CLX-6220FX
C - And if you have 5 minutes, go and visit the web-sites of :
* BERGUES (historic city, 1 mile far from my home)
* my radio-club F8KGS
* Free HF propagation prediction programmes : HAM CAP and (http://www.voacap.com/)
D - My recent second hobby since two years, Painting : (1st : oil paint, 2nd : acrylic paint)
FINALY, MY WIFE AND MY SON :
73 and Good DX !.
Last modified: 2013-06-20 19:16:07, 4603 bytes cached
This user has no active logs