Maurice, F5NQL's information:
- Born near Falaise, Normandy 2 months before the landing, in April 1944.
I was interested in radio since I was a young, with the old family BCL, which I listened for hours in the 50's. At this time the BCL covered the 80, 40 and 20m band in AM. So some concerts or other broadcast were sometimes jammed by funny transmissions.
Then I learnt CW in the French Army,when I was 19, and I discovered Ham radio at the end of the sixties.
- SWL REF 29377 (REF-Union) , then FE2427 - French National Authority, - 1972
- French B Class, novice, FB1NQL, 1988 (not CEPT licence)
- French general 2nd class ( CEPT full licence) FD1NQL, 1990
- French general 1st class ( CEPT full licence) FE1NQL then F1NQL in May 1993
- F5NQL, ( CEPT full licence & new callsign) in June 1993.
I'm belonging to the following societies:
- Reseau des Emetteurs Francais - 1972 - I was between 2007&2012, for the Ref Union, the French representative, in the IARU Reg1 High Speed Telegraphy working group.
- A R R L - 1976
- EUCW, Union Francaise des Telegraphistes (U F T ) n° 310, 1988 (Century owner), and past Vice President and trustee. Still in charge of the Public relation with Japanese CW Clubes KCJ and A1/JA.
- EUCW Italian Marconista - n° 158, - 1988 -
- EUCW, Belgian Telegraphy Club (BTC) n° 318, - 1994 -
- EUCW, FISTS CW club n° 1816, (Century and Silver Century owner) - 1996 -
- EUCW, Greek Telegraphy Club (GTC) n° 117, - 2000 -
- EUCW, Croatian Telegraphy Club (CTC),n° 41, - 2001
- The PROVINS ARS F6KOP - 2005
- The Clipperton DX Club - 2006
- American Straight Key Century Club (SKCC) n° 924 - 2006 -
- Keymen's Club of Japan, (KCJ), n° 406 - 2009 -
- A1 CW Club Japan (A1), n° 1419 - 2010 -
- Rhein-Ruhr DX Association ( 2013)
AWARDS and MERIT:
- Plate of Merit of the Union Francaise des Telegraphistes UFT in 1996 and 2000
- Medal of Honor of the Union Francaise des Telegraphistes UFT, 2011
- Medal of Merit of the Clipperton DX Club, 2009.
- KOP Team n° 10, 2008
- Medal of Merit of the PROVINS ARC- 2013 -
- ADXA, PACC,
For traffic, look for me in major World and French CW contests (alone or with my F6KOP's friends) -
The last important activities were:
From Matt/F5PED's facilities, la Belette, Dourdan:
- In the CQWWCW 2007/2008/2009, under TM2S, with Matt, F5PED's crew, : F5CW, F5AGB, F6DZS F5NCU, F8PDR, F8BUI, F5QF, F5IN.
From Bernard/F9IE's facilities, in Noirmoutier Island - EU-064 -
- In the IOTA Contests 2008/2009/2010/2012, under TM7C or F9IE callsign , and with F4AJQ, F4TTR, F5JSD, F5PED, F8BUI, F8BJI, F6EGG, F9IE, F5CWU, F5AGB, F8IJV, F5IRO, F4TJE. The group was World Champions in Island, Multi, Mixed, LP, 24h category for 5 times.
From F6KOP's facilities in Provins.
1) Using F6KOP callsign:
- In the WPX contest CW 2012 as SOSBLP/10 - 1st place France, 8th place Europe
- In the IARU 2012 contest with F5RAB, F4TTR, F4AJQ and F4TJE
- In CQ WW RTTY 2012 with F4AJQ, F8ATS, F8BJI, F6BBO, F1HRE
- In the CQ WW CW 2012, Multi-Multi ar F6KOP, with : F6CEL, F6ENO, F5JVP, F5PED, F5NKX, F5UOW, F8ATS, F5AGB, F5RAB, F5QF, F6DZS and F5PBM.
- In the ARRL DX CW 2013, with F5QF, F5RAB, F5AGB, F6DZS, F5PBM
- In the WPX CW 2013, with F5QF, F5RAB, F5IYU
2) Using TM0HQ callsign:
3) using TM1A callsign:
- In 2014 & 2015, in the French REF Championship, in the CW/SSB parts (and TM2A in the VHF/UHF part) , in the WPX CW with quite the same group of guys and joined by Jeremy/EI5GM.
- In the the IARU HF Championship 2014, with F5RAB, F4AJQ, F4TTR, F4BDG and other.
- participations in the CQWW DX 2014 & 2015, in RTTY, SSB and CW.
From the RC of Sarreguemines/F6KFH facilities,
I was one of the gang of TM9A, a joint team F6KFH/F6KOP, in the 2012&2013/IARU VHF Contest. We got the 5th place Europe in 2012.The crew consisted of F4DHQ , F5PPG, F1ULQ, F1NGP, F6CUC, F6HOK, F5ONL, F9IE, F5AGB,F4ERS, F4GTD, F5CWU, F6JMT, F8UHU, F4AJQ, F5RAB, and I.
Off the contests you'll find me mainly on the CW subbands. but I enjoy also a little SSB and Digimodes - RTTY and PSK63 & 125.
In last May 2010, I was one of the CW , IS0R gang , a F6KOP DXpedition to Sardinia. See IS0R on QRZ.Com.
With my friend Frank/F4AJQ, in May 2010, at Roma Airport, on the go to Isola Rossa, Sardinia for the IS0R dxpedition.
In Feb 2014, I belonged to the TO7CC gang , going to La Réunion island (5 to 18), as CW op. (www.to7cc.com)
QSL POLICY :
Since February 2007, I've a new QSL manager, the Provins ARS, F6KOP, my club, http://www.f6kop.com/. . ..
All my personnal log books are still open since 1988. So are also those for my /p operations from F, ON, PA, LX, DL, OZ, LA, GJ, HB9, French Castles, Mills, Inland islands and IOTA's (1999 EU64 and EU32), and also for the following special own callsigns F89/FB1NQL (1989), FBC5NQL (1998), FB1NQL (1988/1990) , FD1NQL (1990/1993) , F1NQL (May 1993).
I answer to each card received either direct or via bureau. I think I'm QSL 100% effectively .
IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT QSL VIA BUREAU:
If you send me QSL cards via Bureau, please do it only via the French REF bureau.
Avoid to use so so bureaus like that of URC or ANRPFD; if you do it's at your own risks. It will be much more than 99.9% of cases your card will not be delivered to me. I have not and don't want to have any contact with them. The cards going through these se so so bureaus are not collected
For direct cards, IRC's are always preferred instead of green stamps.
If you are awaiting a card for a long time (3 months direct or one year bureau), send me a request by snail mail , or via my mail-box, with details od the QSO's . I'll send you a new card directly.
NOT THE MANAGER, NOT THE MANAGER, NOT THE MANAGER !!!
I never was the manager for the following stations even if for someones I was the organizer of the operation or one of the operators. ( In brackets see the good manager).
- TM9AF, TM7OXR, TM5SRA, HW1 and HW6SIA, HY5SIA, TM5SIR, TM9XR, TM5SIA,TM8AKR , TM5SM 1995 & 2005, TM3DR, TM3NV (Past International Hamfest HAMEXPO, in Auxerre, Burgundy between 1978 to 2008 ) - (F5SM)
- TM5SM, French CW Championship 2002 (F6KOP)
- TM5SM - DXpedition July 2011 to St Marcouf Islands (F5RJM)
- TM0SM - DXpéditions to St Marcouf Islands, Aug & Sept 2013 (F5CWU)
- TM0C,TM0TAF 2006 & 2007, - (F4TTR).
- TM6BFY (F5NII)
- F5KCC, TM1MV : (F5LBR)
- TM6OSA : (F6GXL)
- 5V7C, 5H1C, J5C : ( F5TVG)
- FR5FD : (F5LBM)
- F5LTB, 9Q/F5LTB, 9Q1TB : (info on F5LTB's page on QRZ.com).
- C31YL : (Bureau Andorra)
- 5U5Z : (G3SXW)
- 7V2SI : (OM3CGN)
- FP5KE/p, (Radio Club of SPM , P.O.Box 1343, Saint Pierre et Miquelon, 597500 France).
- TM8RIM, (F0EHB) ,
- XU7AAA, ( Hiroo YONEZUKA, Box DD153, Huang Sathai Vientiane Laos ASIA, )
- HI3CCP, in the WPX SSB 2003 , (AD4Z)
- 6W7/F8PDR, 5T5DY FS/F8PDR (F8PDR)
- TM3ANT, (F5PFP)
- TM9ANT, (F5PAC)
- TM8TAF, (F8BBL)
- TO7C, XT2C (F9IE)
- CO2OR ( SK May 2011 - F5CWU, direct or bureau REF-Union)
- OJ0B (OH2BH)
- FG5KC and all FG stations, none of them (see QRZ.COM or REF-Union.org callbooks)
- TM26UFT in 2011 ( F6ICG) even if I was the operation leader and managed the QSL part of the activity.
- TM27UFT in 2012 .( F6ICG) even if I was the operation leader and managed the QSL part of the activity
- TM28UFT, in 2013 (F9IE)
- TM29UFT in 2014 (F6ICG) even if I was the operation co-leader and managed the most part of the QSL'ing of the activity.
- TO8UFT, in January/February 2014 by Jean-Claude FG8NY (F6ICG)
I am currently and still the QSL manager for :
- Vincent, F5MJV, when he was FO5RN and all of the various ops around FO5RN from DU, V6, V7, T2, T3, and other _xx_/FO5RN and also FO0/F8UFT/Clipperton, F5MJV, F5MJV/mm, pfx/F5MJV or pfx/F5MJV/MM,and for his past callsign J28JV. direct (SAE + 1 IRC preferred) or through the French REF bureau via F6KOP (Please only this bureau).
Vincent 's J28JV callsign was on the air from Djibouti where he was assigned betwen July 2010 to 2012.
Vincent is coming back to metropolitan France and has been issued once more F5MJV, starting August 2012
For all Vincent's activities, included FO0/F8UFT Clipperton,there's no QSL answer late to day.
- TM35KOP, special callsign issued for the 35th anniversary of the Radio Club de Provins, F6KOP. See TM35KOP in QRZ.Com. I'm the manager only for direct cards. No direct QSL cards answers late to day.
Off this managing, and for the Souvenir, I can confirm in his memory, and if someone need this, all the QSO’s made in the past by Raymond, F5CED, who passed away in April 2000. I keep his logs still open . See F5CED, under QRZ.Com.
So see you soon down my log , be healthy and have fun.
73 Maurice, F5NQL.
1695410 Last modified: 2015-02-14 09:49:56, 31586 bytes
You must be logged in to file a report on this page
Currently updating logbook display.