The beacon is now operational at a new location, IO81VC73 with beacon keeper now G3TCT. The NoV was issued by Ofcom on 20 June 2016. The beacon started operation on 26 July 2016.
||1296.870MHz. The exciter is not GPS-locked and may be up to 1kHz off frequency.
||20dBW east and 16dBW north, horizontal polarisation
||Wimo flat plate PA-23R-16. Power is split between Wimo and 47cm dish pointing due north. Maximum radiation from the system is at 090 degrees.
|Antenna height AGL
|Times of operation
From 12 Oct 2016, 0800 to 1700UTC.
The beacon is at a site that is solar and wind powered only, and also supports 2m and 70cm repeaters. In order to keep within the energy budget, the times of operation are limited and may be subject to some outages especially during winter.
Standard reception reports are appreciated, please use www.beaconspot.eu
Thanks are due to the following
- Frank GW8AWM for donation of the transmitter and cabinet
- Dave G1EHF for donation of the dish antenna and various professional measurements
- Phil G3TCU for donation of the power splitter
- Dave G3ZXX for agreeing use of the GB3JB site, provision of power supplies, and arranging antenna installation
- Steve 2E0DUJ for the antenna installation