I first got into Amateur Radio back in Germany about 20+ years ago. The bbs scene, the Internet and other things
came along and so playing with radios fell by the wayside. Got back into the hobby in April 2011 and having fun with
many different aspects of the hobby.
For me, amateur radio is about building, making, experimenting and staying on top of new technologies while also
understanding present and previous ones.
I'm mostly active in CW, PSK-31 and RTTY on HF, but play with digital data on the higher frequencies (Packet Radio,
MESH networking etc.).
I also like to build and am always trying to find new uses for the Arduinos lying around on the bench and see how to
combine different communication mediums like the Internet and radio to build greater things. It's all about convergence.
I'm not a big fan of the old curmudgeons who still live in the past and think radio has to be isolated. It's 2013, not 1913.
Let's move forward.
When time allows I try to update one of my blogs with my ham radio and other technical shennanigans at http://www.creative-chaos.com
NAQCC Member #5993 www.naqcc.info
SKCC Member #9409C http://www.skccgroup.com/
TEN-TEN Member #76093 www.ten-ten.org
DX Code Of Conduct
- I will listen, and listen, and then listen again before calling.
- I will only call if I can copy the DX station properly.
- I will not trust the DX cluster and will be sure of the DX station's call sign before calling.
- I will not interfere with the DX station nor anyone calling and will never tune up on the DX frequency or in the QSX slot.
- I will wait for the DX station to end a contact before I call.
- I will always send my full call sign.
- I will call and then listen for a reasonable interval. I will not call continuously.
- I will not transmit when the DX operator calls another call sign, not mine.
- I will not transmit when the DX operator queries a call sign not like mine.
- I will not transmit when the DX station requests geographic areas other than mine.
- When the DX operator calls me, I will not repeat my call sign unless I think he has copied it incorrectly.
- I will be thankful if and when I do make a contact.
- I will respect my fellow hams and conduct myself as to earn their respect.
Hear or see you on the air soon.