Please post to the cluster if we work
First licenced as KD8KVF on 4-16-09 ugraded to General 6-29-09 Extra on 6/26/2010. Have wanted to be a Ham for 20 years, Bill, K8STR talked me into getting my Tech, Wayne, K5ZG took me under his wing as the greatest Elmer there has ever been and pushed me to get my General. I passed the test and he had me hooked on HF, when I saw what I was missing as a General K5ZG and K5PX hounded me to upgrade. Current station is a Flex 5000A or Icom 756 ProIII, Heil PR-40 mic, EQplus and 8 band EQ by W2IHY, QRO HF-3KDX amp, 1 KW homebrew brick or Ameritron AL-1200, Homebrew 3 element 5 band quad on a 60 foot crankup mast. 6 element 6 meter quad at 50 feet. Cushcraft 2 element 40 meter at 125 feet, HyGain 204BA stack for 20 meters at 115 and 70 feet, Telrex TB6EM triband at 50 feet. Home brew, bullet proof double bazookas for all other bands. I love to chase DX and a good ragchew never hurts. You can find me on the air everyday. If you want or need a card just send one, see above for QSL route. 73 to all that have worked me. See you in the piles.
Below is a list of rules that every operator should read until you know them, there are far too many people that do not know them nor do they follow them.
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS ALL IN FUN (DO NOT TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY) ALSO HOPE THE WRITER OF THIS MASTERPIECE IS NOT UPSET WITH ME USING IT ON MY PAGE. IF SO PLEASE LET ME KNOW I WILL REMOVE IT, IF YOU WROTE IT THANK YOU FOR POINTING OUT HOW BAD SOME OPERATORS ARE.i JKI jkfld
The DX MODE:
1. If you come upon a pileup, find the exact DX frequency and slowly tune up your KW right on his frequency. Take your time doing this as it has maximum effect this way. The longer you take, the better. It lets others know that YOU are going to call the DX.
2. If you cannot wait to find out the DX call sign, ask, "What is the DX call sign?" On CW send “DX?” Call?" Do NOT listen, this takes time. DO this repeatedly until someone gives you the DX call. This will show all others on frequency that you are serious about wanting to work this DX. This is called sharing.
3. When you find out the DX call, repeat your call over and over again on the DX frequency. Even if he is working split there is a chance he may be listening on his transmit frequency.
4. When the DX says "ABC only"- Don't believe him. If he says "Europe only" - Don't believe him. If he says, "2's only" - Don't believe him. Keep giving your call "XYZ” !!...XYZ !! ...XYZ !! How Copy MARIO?" Make sure you use his name when you call him, he may think you are someone he knows. It must work as we hear it on bands all the time so it has to be effective. Don't pay attention to directional calls. When did any DX know what they wanted ? What matters most is what YOU want.
5. To get the DX to work other modes tell him you want to set up a schedule later which is convenient to you. You should wait until the pileup has built up to several hundred and just before the band is about to go out, then ask him to meet you on CW, PSK31, RTTY or SSB at a set time and frequency. Above all, make sure you tell him that YOU need him on these modes. This will endear you in the hearts of all on frequency, it shows that you can work more than one mode and are a well-rounded amateur.
6. If you have worked the DX previously make sure you call him and tell him that he is stronger than the last 6 times you worked him this week. The DX station will want to know this. Others on frequency will respect you more, you will be recognized as a Big Gun DXer.
7. When you find a DX pileup, to bring your operating skills to a higher level and impress all those on frequency - Zero beat the DX send "QRL? Is this frequency in use?" This shows character and that you are truly a caring person.
8. When finally making the DX contact, give the DX some background about yourself, TX, RX, ANT, WX, how many children and grandchildren you have, where they went to college, what size bedroom slipper you wear, or any other items of interest to the DX. This shows that you are not just a 59 kind of guy. This is most effective when the band is just about to fold.
9. After you have worked the DX you will need the QSL route. Although this will be listed on the DX packet cluster, in ARRL & DX News Letters, and on the Internet, there is no reason for you to go to all the bother of reading these sources. You can just keep calling on the DX frequency..."What is the QSL Information?" If you don't get a reply with the information after 8 or 10 calls, keep it up, your persistence will payoff. There are plenty of other stations on frequency who are waiting to work the DX who have read these publications and they willing and ready to help you.
Rules for THE FUN MODE
1. For a split operation, spend most of your day listening and transmitting on the DX sending frequency. On CW, if someone calls on the DX transmitting frequency, right away using your J-38 at 4 WPM, send VP...UG...NP ...UP. until you get it right. If the station continues to call on the DX frequency, then send LSD .. LIB ..LED... LID..until you get it right.
This has three benefits.
As always … Work'em First….. Confirm Later ….WFCL
6129680 Last modified: 2015-07-16 00:17:49, 10638 bytes
You must be logged in to file a report on this page
Book Totals: 18409 qso's 5430 confirmed Get a free logbook at QRZ.COM