My interest in radio goes back to my childhood where my father was a radioman from WWII who trained but never served due to the war ending. We always had test equipment and other peoples radios and televisions in some state of repair. I cut my teeth, so to speak, on vacuum tube radios and TV's. I attended DeVry in Electronic Engineering in 1971 and have been working in the electronics and computer industry since then
I got my Tech in January of 2004. On February 1, 2006 I upgraded to General. 10 days later, I upgraded to Extra and got a sequentially assigned callsign AI4OF.
As of July 15, 2011, I am operating under the vanity call sign N4CR
I am a W5YI and ARRL Volunteer Examiner.
My current shack consists of
- Kenwood TS-590S
- W2IHY EQplus
- Audio Technica ATR-30 Mic
- Ameritron AL-1500
- MFJ-989C Roller Inductor Tuner
- Telepost LP-100A Digital Vector RF Wattmeter
- 135' doublet
- Cushcraft R8
- Tektronix 2236A 100 Mhz Dual Trace Scope, Frequency Counter, Precision Voltmeter
- HP 8656B Synthesized Signal Generator
- Motorola R-2001B Service Monitor
- Sola Isolation Transformer
- RCA Senior VoltOhmyst w/ High Voltage Probe
- Lambda LQD-421 DC variable voltage/current dual power supply
- Astron RM-50M
- MFJ-269 Antenna Analyzer
- Hakko 936 Soldering Station
982743 Last modified: 2014-06-02 04:11:29, 5455 bytes
Currently updating logbook display.