QSL Update as of 02/01/2015
I have replied to all direct replies with an SASE. If you sent a card via the buro or without an SASE I have not replied, there are just too many of them. If you need a qsl card please send an SASE or use LOTW. Thanks.
My wife and I moved out to our new location in August 2011. The restrictions actually state 'Ham Radio Towers are OK'. We jumped all over this piece of property which is about 2.5 acres.
I've been building the station since we moved in. Currently I have the following:
- 78' Rohn 45G tower guyed with phillystran with the anchor points 80' from the base of the tower. That leaves me room to rotate some lower antennas.
- F12 C31xr at 79' turned by an Orion rotor, controlled with a Green Heron RT-21
- F12 D240/230 at 84' turned by an Orion rotor, controlled with a Green Heron RT-21. Installed 10-07-2013
- F12 C3 side mounted at 40' using a swing side gate and T2X rotor controlled with a Green Heron RT-21
- Delta loop installed at 78' for 75m. I plan on installing stubs in the corner so I can switch between 75 and 80
- Inverted - L for 160. 30' vertical, 110' sloping up towards top of the 78' tower.
- K9AY Recieve loop system which will be installed this fall, unless I can talk the neighbors into letting me string out a few beverages, and have a talk with the deer so they won't knock them down. I'm looking forward to trying the K9AY array as we live in a relatively quite location
- I am putting together a F12 XR5 which will go up soon to replace the C3 at 42'. A ring rotor will be used in place of the current swinging gate side mount.
- Elecraft K3 x 2
- Ameritron AL-1200 and KPA-500/KAT500
- Microham MKII Keyer 2R+ SO2R
- Hamation 2x8 Switch controlled via 2 each Hamation Integrated Controllers
- N3ZN ZN-9 Key
Hamation 2x8 Switch and 4O3A Triplexer/Filter system. This setup allows me to use my C31xr Tribander as 3 monobanders at the same time. Top to bottom
- 10m Band Pass Filter
- 15m Band Pass Filter
- 20m Band Pass Filter
- 40m Band Pass Filter
- 80m Band Pass Filter
- 160m Band Pass Filter
When we built the house I had a 30' x 24' steel bulding erected. I have a mini ductless heat-a/c unit so its comfortable out here. It has its own 100amp electric service panel as well as water for a sink and a french drain for some basic needs out here in the shop. Its very easy to install an aluminum panel for grounding and cable entry. I use polyphaser units for lightning protection and the panel, building and electrical are grounded to a ground rod a couple inches from the panel. The ground system is a work in progress.
As I go along I'll clean up the inside of the shop by continuing to install plywood for the walls and an insulated drop ceiling is in the future which will help with heating and cooling.
Thats it for now.
Rich - N5ZC (02/18/2015)
1710563 Last modified: 2015-02-19 01:06:19, 4439 bytes
You must be logged in to file a report on this page
Currently updating logbook display.