A.K.A. N4NA (LoTW only please)
Tennessee Contest Group: http://K4TCG.ORG
Tennessee QSO Party: http://www.tnqp.org/
North American QRP CW Club # 1394: http://naqcc.info/
DXCC, WAC, WAS, 1000 Mile/Watt
ARRL A-1 Operator Club
Suggestions for DX Pile-ups………… by Uncle DX
1. The DX station operators are in charge of any pile-up.
2. The DX station should make and adhere to their operating rules quietly and respectfully.
3. The DX station should use, when appropriate, call areas and areas of the world for better accuracy, rate and order.
4. The DX station should use split operation and spread stations out, keeping in mind others not in the pile-ups. A must.
5. The DX station should give their call sign at least every 10 minutes and maintain a pattern especially when ending a QSO.
6. The DX station should create a rhythm or timing which maintains a good rate and allows the pile-up to call at the right time.
7. The operators in the pile-up, if not sure of a QSO, should dupe and the DX operator continue not wasting time commenting.
8. The DX station should work those who will create the fastest rate, at least at first, then make an effort to work the weaker stations.
9. No one should lecture on the air.
10. Everyone should always require and give full calls.
11. Know and practice the gray line.
12. Know the equipment being operated such as the split button, audio levels, keying wave form, etc.
13. NEVER be a "KC Cop"….never.
14. Operators giving spots on a DX Cluster should insure their accuracy!
15. Keep away from personal, political, and religious comment any time on the air and/or the DX Cluster. Keep all comments in the true spirit of ham radio whereby ALL ARE EQUAL.
16. Don't rush when giving your call when the DX station is standing by, especially on CW. Time will be lost trying to obtain ALL of the call sign.
17. Don't call the DX station constantly. Get in the rhythm.
18. Let the last station complete his QSO.
19. Use only the power it takes and figure out what that is!
20. Figure out the DX operator's operating practice for greater success.
116375 Last modified: 2014-03-13 23:09:00, 5072 bytes
You must be logged in to file a report on this page
Currently updating logbook display.