Hello, I received my Technician license in January of 2006, and I really enjoy the hobby, which allows me to meet new, and very interesting people. I now live in Harrodsburg Kentucky, and as of 03/14/2013, I am retired from police work. My last 10 years were with the city of Richmond KY, where I worked 3rd shift within the Patrol Division, and also served as a Motorcycle Officer where my ride went from 4 wheels down to two wheels on a Harley Davidson Electra Glide. I also stayed busy as a FTO (Field Training Officer) with the Department training new recruits as needed. I have been in Law Enforcement since 1992.
I moved to Richmond in 2003 from Eastern KY, Prestonsburg to be exact. Until moving to Richmond, aside from my college days, I had lived in Prestonsburg all of my life. I later moved to Lawrenceburg in April of 2010. And in March of 2013, we purchased a new home in Harrodsburg KY.
My shack consist of a Yaesu FT-5000, Flex 6500, Yaesu FT-1000D, and a Yaesu 7800R for 2m/440 use. I have a Palstar HF-Auto Antenna Tuner, as well as Palstars DL2K Dummy Load. Power is by way of an Acom 2000A amplifier. My antennas consist of several different dipoles, a Zero Five 43 foot 10-160 vertical, and a SteppIR DB-42 Yagi at 80 feet on a AN Wireless HHD-80 tower.
You can find me in the evening (after 9pm Est.) on 3.990.......great bunch of guys,......"The 3.990 Gang" come on by. You can view us in our shacks streaming live video via web cam, go to www.w8gn.com, then click the 3990 group tab at the top of the page. If not there, check 20M, where you will find me chasing DX.
God Bless! And thanks for checking out my QRZ page!
The QTH......Harrodsburg, KY
SteppIR DB-42 6 Thru 80
Acom 2000A Amplifier
Palstar HF-Auto / Palstar DL2K Dummy Load / Audio Chain
20+ Years in Law Enforcement
My police cruiser after a Fire Truck decided to cut me off, and now the reason I have a lot of free time to chase DX.
Now retired, Hazardous Duty Medical Disability
Me & the XYL, Kelley
Charlie, Max, and my son Dalton
My 2014 Harley Davidson Street Glide Special
- I will listen, and listen, and then listen again before calling.
- I will only call if I can copy the DX station properly.
- I will not trust the DX cluster and will be sure of the DX station's call sign before calling.
- I will not interfere with the DX station nor anyone calling and will never tune up on the DX frequency or in the QSX slot.
- I will wait for the DX station to end a contact before I call.
- I will always send my full call sign.
- I will call and then listen for a reasonable interval. I will not call continuously.
- I will not transmit when the DX operator calls another call sign, not mine.
- I will not transmit when the DX operator queries a call sign not like mine.
- I will not transmit when the DX station requests geographic areas other than mine.
- When the DX operator calls me, I will not repeat my call sign unless I think he has copied it incorrectly.
- I will be thankful if and when I do make a contact.
- I will respect my fellow hams and conduct myself so as to earn their respect.