Member of the Finnish Radio Amateur League SRAL, The CQ-club OH6AG, RSGB, Swedish Heathkit Club #158 and FeldHell Club # FH3236.
12-feb-2015 I was granted my SK father Lars' call OH6NZ.
I intend to use the OH6NZ call mainly on special ocasions, contests, birthdays, family occasions etc.
A special QSL card resembling my dad's last QSL-card in use (sample at the right) will be sent for contacts made with this call. The card is available only upon request, and will be sent via bureau (free) or direct if you wish (2 GS or 1 IRC + SASE to my home adress).
Normally all QSO:s, both with OH6NT and OH6NZ will be uploaded to LoTW, see below.
I prefer verification via Logbook of The World (LoTW) since it is FREE for both sender and recipent and saves environment. Paper QSL is still OK via SRAL QSL Bureau, P.O. Box 73, FIN-11111, RIIHIMÄKI, Finland, and cards received via bureau vill be replied via bureau.
HAM:s who claim they cannot afford to print and/or send QSL:s via bureau should definitely use LoTW instead of complaining! QSL:ing is part of Amateur radio and should be free for the recipient. However, I will reply to direct QSL card requests. Send a SAE + 2 x GS or 1 x IRC. But I PREFER LoTW! I do not use QRZ logbook, only LoTW and my HRD logbook! Do not ask...
- HF main: Yaesu FTdx-5000+SP2000+DMU2000 + SPE Expert 1K-FA PA
- HF summer cottage: ICOM IC-718 + Signalink for digimodes
- VHF/UHF: 3 x Yaesu FT-7800. Old Kenwood TS-700s multimode, Icom IC-E92D for dSTAR with Raspberry Pi hotspot,
- Several modified commercial VHF/UHF rigs for APRS, summer cottage etc.
- Heathkit HW-8, HW-12, HR-10B, HW-101, SB-102 w. console, HR/HX-168x, Trio TS-515, Drake 4B-line, and a historic 50 W CW tx with an 807 final.
- Main HF:
- 3(5)-ele Fritzel FB-53 beam for 20-15-10, in 25 meter tower
- Inverted V on 80 in guy wires
- Sloping dipole for 40 m (guy wire).
- 2m: 15 ele X-yagi by QueDee, Slim-Jims and whatnot...
- 70 cm: 23 ele long yagi by QueDee and commercial logperiodic.
- Other antennas under construction...
- Summer cottage antennas:
- HF: Dipole on 80/30 m , 1/4 λ vertical on 40 m and Cushcraft R6000 on 20 m up.
- HF: Long wires, loops and other experimentals at times.
- VHF: 6 m Delta-loop, 2 m Wilson vertical & whatnot.
Edu & family: Electrical engineer. Married since 1977, three kids. Living in a small village,
BENNAS, 10 km outside of the town Jakobstad on the Finnish west coast. Summer cottage at the seashore.
Work: Part time IT support technician (about to retire) ;-)
Other hobbies: Model railroading, collecting stuff like Heathkit's, straight CW-keys (send me all you
want to get rid off), old telephones, old clocks & other k00L stuff.
Some of my achieved awards and contest scores: