Member of the Finnish Radio Amateur League SRAL, The CQ-club OH6AG, RSGB, Swedish Heathkit Club #158 and FeldHell Club # FH3236.
I prefer verification via Logbook of The World (LoTW) since it is FREE for both sender and recipent and saves environment. Paper QSL is still OK via SRAL QSL Bureau, P.O. Box 73, FIN-11111, RIIHIMÄKI, Finland, and cards received via bureau vill be replied via bureau. HAM:s who claim they cannot afford to print and send QSL:s via bureau should definitely use LoTW instead of complaining! QSL:ing is part of Amateur radio and should be free for the recipient. However, I will reply to direct QSL card requests. Send a SAE + 2 x GS or 1 x IRC. But I PREFER LoTW! I do not use QRZ logbook, only LoTW and my HRD logbook! Do not ask...
- HF main: Yaesu FTdx-5000+SP2000+DMU2000 + SPE Expert 1K-FA PA
- HF summer cottage: ICOM IC-718 + Cushcraft R6000 and dipoles
- VHF/UHF: 3 x Yaesu FT-7800. Old Kenwood TS-700s multimode
- Several modified commercial VHF/UHF rigs for APRS, summer cottage etc.
- Heathkit HW-8, HW-12, HR-10B, HW-101, SB-102 w. console, HR/HX-168x, Trio TS-515, Harris RF-301 with RF-302 wire tuner,
Drake 4B-line, and an historic 50 W CW tx with an 807 final.
- Main HF:
- 3(5)-ele Fritzel FB-53 beam for 20-15-10, in 25 meter tower
- Inverted V on 80 in guy wires
- Sloping dipole for 40 m (guy wire).
- 2m: 15 ele X-yagi by QueDee, Slim-Jims and whatnot...
- 70 cm: 23 ele long yagi by QueDee and commercial logperiodic.
- Other antennas under construction...
- Summer cottage antennas:
- HF: Dipole on 80/30 m , 1/4 λ vertical on 40 m and Cushcraft R6000 on 20 m up.
- HF: Long wires, loops and other experimentals at times.
- VHF: 6 m Delta-loop, 2 m Wilson vertical & whatnot.
Edu & family: Electrical engineer. Married since 1977, three kids. Living in a small village,
BENNAS, 10 km outside of the town Jakobstad on the Finnish west coast. Summer cottage at the seashore.
Work: Part time IT support technician (about to retire) ;-)
Other hobbies: Model railroading, collecting stuff like Heathkit's, straight CW-keys (send me all you
want to get rid off), old telephones, old clocks & other k00L stuff.
Some of my achieved awards and contest scores. I hold two DXCC awards, 250 Mixed and 250 CW. (both increasing slowly).