Hi, Thnx for looking me up, SE3X - Sierra Echo 3 X-Ray, Op. Johan!
SE3X is a DX and Contest call used by me; SA3BYC since 2012. My Qth; Åre, a skiresort, 700 km north of countrys capitol Stockholm and only appr. 60 km from the Norwegian border offers very good antenna possibilities and a low QRM level. On the mountain side, 520 m above sea level, it's ideal for radio operation.
In contest I operate as single Op, multi band, TB-Wire, low power station. Station: TRX 1: Yaesu FT-450D, TRX 2: Kenwood TS-570D, RM HLA 300+ PA (to ensure 100W output to antenna at all bands), LDG AT-1000, Ps from MAAS and Kenwood, headsets from W2ENY and Heil. Software: HRD for rigcontrol and main log, N1MM and Log4U for contest logging.
Antennas Tower 1: Inv-V dipoles 80, 40 & 20mb, Vertical Delta Loop (VDL) for 15mb. Tower 2: VDL 17 & 10mb. For RX I have a horizontal loop; 80,5 m long, appr. 3 m above ground, coax feed with 4:1 balun. (lots of antenna work on my "to do list" this summer, details further down).
QSL Policy: all contacts will be confirmed with e-Qsl and uploaded to LoTW and Club Log.
I will only send paper QSL direct, ordered via Club Log, cost of card is currently 2,50 USD or 2,50 EURO (our postal rates are quite high as well as that Pay Pal charges 0,45 USD/EURO per transaction).
Check if you are in the log and use the Club Log OQRS system.
I do not collect paper QSL cards myself, Pse use Clublog/OQRS if you are a paper Qsl collector and would like my card.
73 de Johan
I register all my Qso's at LOTW. I do not collect papercards, prefer electronic Qsl'ing like LOTW and e-Qsl. During my activities I have worked quite a few countries, states and prefixes, good fun it is!
DXCC: 147 / 113 (worked/confirmed), WAS: 39 (confirmed), WPX: 772 (confirmed)
COMING UP in Contesting !
Will be participating in some contests during the spring and summer of 2014, but mainly I will rebuild the antennas and the station during this period. No definite plans set, will be ad-hoc choise of contests.
This year's participation (2014): NRAU-Baltic Contest, ARRL Inter. DX Contest, Russian DX Contest, CQ WW WPX Contest, SP DX Contest, OK/OM DX Contest, IOTA 2014.
- Rebuild tower 1 and add rotator on top for 3 & 5-el beams.
- 3 el. beam 10/15/20mb.
- 5 el. beam 2mb.
- Change 20mb Inv-V to VDL.
- Rebuild and increase height of tower 2 (new h. 12m), add Slim Jim for 2m local trashtalk on the side.
- New tower 3, Wire verticals (elevated radials) for 40 and 80mb.
- add 2 RX loops a´la W1AEX directed E/W and N/S to complement current horizontal RX loop. Manufacture new baluns with receiver front-end protection for all RX antennas. Controller KD9SV SV-DXIISS Receive Antenna Switch.
Yes I know it's probably an over-ambitious plan but I'll do as much as I can :) Better aim for the moon and reach the ionosphere than reach for the ionosphere and only reach the tree tops ...
- Replace old PC's and monitors for logging and rigcontrol.
- Improve antenna switching with auto RX-antenna switching and re-build all antenna feeds. Lightning protection, static suppresion (RX antennas) and manual "cut of" for all coax feeders into station and switch boxes.
- New interface for PSK/RTTY/ digitalmodes and CW.
- Replace TRX 1, Yaesu FT-450D, with Kenwood TS-590S.
A beautiful winterday just outside my Qth :) in the background you see Mount Areskutan, 1440 m Asl. Thanks to "her" I am somewhat limited West-bound appr. 310-320 degree W. But I have worked W/VE 6 and 7's on 10 - 20m, guess my problem on 80m and 40m is more because poor DX antennas. Hope new verticals with lower radiation angle than Inv-V's low over ground will improve that.
These are the guidelines for my operation
- I will learn and obey the rules of any contest I enter, including the rules of my entry category and obey the rules for amateur radio in my country.
- I will not modify my log after the contest by using additional data sources to correct callsign/exchange errors.
- I will accept the judging and scoring decisions of the contest sponsor as final.
- I will operate my transmitter with sufficient signal quality to minimize interference to others.
- I will listen, and listen, and then listen again before calling and only call if I can copy the DX station properly.
- I will not interfere with the DX station nor anyone calling and will never tune up on the DX frequency or in the QSX slot
- I will wait for the DX station to end a contact before I call.
- I will call and then listen for a reasonable interval, I will not call continuously.
- I will not transmit when the DX operator calls another call sign, not mine and/or when the DX operator queries a call sign not like mine.
- I will not transmit when the DX station requests geographic areas or callsign numbers other than mine.
- When the DX operator calls me, I will not repeat my call sign unless I think he has copied it incorrectly.
- I will respect my fellow hams and conduct myself so as to earn their respect.
1135248 Last modified: 2014-07-28 11:53:16, 12663 bytes
You must be logged in to file a report on this page