Hi, Thnx for looking me up, SE3X - Sierra Echo 3 X-Ray, Op. Johan!
SE3X is a DX and Contest call used by me; SA3BYC since 2012. My Qth; Åre, a skiresort, 700 km north of countrys capitol Stockholm and only appr. 60 km from the Norwegian border offers very good antenna possibilities and a low QRM level. On the mountain side, 520 m above sea level, it's ideal for radio operation.
In contest I operate as single Op, multi band, TB-Wire, low power station. Station: TRX 1: Kenwood TS-570D, RM HLA 300+ PA (to ensure 100W output to antenna at all bands, any time), LDG AT-1000, Ps from MAAS and Kenwood, headsets from W2ENY and Heil. Software: HRD for rigcontrol and main log, N1MM and Log4U for contest logging.
Antennas Tower 1: Inv-V dipoles 80, 40 & 20mb, Vertical Delta Loop (VDL) for 15/12mb. Tower 2: VDL 17 & 10mb. For RX I have a horizontal loop; 80,5 m long, appr. 3 m above ground, coax feed with 4:1 balun. (lots of antenna work on my "to do list" this summer, details further down).
QSL Policy: I do not collect paper QSL cards myself, all contacts will be confirmed with e-Qsl and uploaded to LoTW. I will only send paper QSL direct against SAE + ca 2 EURO / 2 USD to my adress above (our postal rates are quite high). Please send me an e-mail for details and postage if outside EU and USA.
During my activities I have worked some countries, states and prefixes, good fun it is! DXCC: 150 / 113 (worked/confirmed), WAS: 39 (confirmed), WPX: 773 (confirmed)
COMING UP in Contesting !
Will be participating in some contests during the 2014, but mainly I will rebuild the antennas and the station this year. No definite plans set, will be ad-hoc choise of contests.
This year's participation (2014): SSA MT-01, NRAU-Baltic Contest, ARRL Inter. DX Contest, Russian DX Contest, CQ WW WPX Contest, SP DX Contest, OK/OM DX Contest, IOTA 2014, EU HF Contest, SSA MT-08, RDAC. Coming Up: YO HF DX Contest, SAC SSB, CQ WW SSB, LZ DX Contest.
- Increase height of tower 1 (new h. 12m) and change 20mb Inv-V to VDL.
- Rebuild and increase height of tower 2 (new h. 12m). Add Slim Jim for 2m local trashtalk on the side and rotator on top for 3 & 5-el beams (3 el. 10/15/20mb, 5 el. for 2mb).
- New Wire verticals (elevated radials) for 40 and 80mb.
- add 2 RX loops a´la W1AEX directed E/W and N/S to complement current horizontal RX loop. Manufacture new baluns with receiver front-end protection for all RX antennas (RX ant. controller KD9SV SV-DXIISS Receive Antenna Switch).
- Improve antenna switching with auto RX-antenna switching and re-build all antenna feeds. Lightning protection, static suppresion (RX antennas) and manual "cut of" for all coax feeders into station and switch boxes.
- New interface for PSK/RTTY/ digitalmodes and CW.
- Add "second" TRX; Kenwood TS-570S, TS-850S, or TS-590 if funds allow it.
A beautiful winterday just outside my Qth :) in the background you see Mount Areskutan, 1440 m Asl. Thanks to "her" I am somewhat limited West-bound appr. 310-320 degree W. But I have worked W/VE 6 and 7's on 10 - 20m, guess my problem on 80m and 40m is more because poor DX antennas. Hope new verticals with lower radiation angle than Inv-V's low over ground will improve that.
These are the guidelines for my operation
- I will learn and obey the rules of any contest I enter, including the rules of my entry category and obey the rules for amateur radio in my country.
- I will not modify my log after the contest by using additional data sources to correct callsign/exchange errors.
- I will accept the judging and scoring decisions of the contest sponsor as final.
- I will operate my transmitter with sufficient signal quality to minimize interference to others.
- I will listen, and listen, and then listen again before calling and only call if I can copy the DX station properly.
- I will not interfere with the DX station nor anyone calling and will never tune up on the DX frequency or in the QSX slot
- I will wait for the DX station to end a contact before I call.
- I will call and then listen for a reasonable interval, I will not call continuously.
- I will not transmit when the DX operator calls another call sign, not mine and/or when the DX operator queries a call sign not like mine.
- I will not transmit when the DX station requests geographic areas or callsign numbers other than mine.
- When the DX operator calls me, I will not repeat my call sign unless I think he has copied it incorrectly.
- I will respect my fellow hams and conduct myself so as to earn their respect.
1206919 Last modified: 2014-08-23 05:09:02, 11394 bytes
You must be logged in to file a report on this page