My name is Ivo, have been working with radio's since 1990, but my first contact with HAM was in 1978 in Ghana West Africa where a priest named Bob had a nice setup in Secondi-Takoradi in the school I attended. Since then I knew I will have a rig one day :) First DX was with made with a mobile radio Uniden PC-122 (AM+SSB) on Santiago 1200, then started Dx-ing on rest of 11m band with Uniden HR-2510 under the callsigns 161PLSY062, 161PN112, 161WAW017. Was convinced by friendly HAM's who heard me on 11m to make a license, finally made it in 1994.
Locally using FM, 2m and 70cm, with FT-7800, ant Diamond X-510 home freq 145.575 MHz,
in mobile IC-706MKIIG - Screwdriver by SP5VR + Midland NR-770R
or portable IC-92D - repeater SR5KPN-438.200 MHz or SR5WA 439.350 MHz
1 - Homebrew horizontal delta loop for 80m as described by OH3GGQ with 1:4 balun-air core
3. - W3DZZ made by SQ8OBE - a present from SQ5F, thanks Daniel !
4. - Homebrew folded dipole for 28-29 MHz - 5m agl- according to LA8OKA
5. NEW - Homebrew Long wire 50,6m (166,2ft) - for 160m - with 1:9 Balun
6. - J-Pole for 50MHz - made according to DK7ZD
7. - X-510 3x 5/8 (144MHz), 8x 5/8 (430MHz) about 11m agl (~98m asl),
so this is a forest setup, not easy but challenging :)
My MOBILE station IC-706MKIIG - Screwdriver by SP5VR + Midland NR-770R
73 de Ivo SQ5BIH
1322307 Last modified: 2014-10-05 18:38:22, 8491 bytes
You must be logged in to file a report on this page
Currently updating logbook display.