Before you read everything else, please first take a look at what I had to say first:
a. The first QSLs (for the requests received from September 2013 onwards) were out in September 2014. The majority of the QSLs were posted in October-November 2014 and should reach you by the end of November. The US and JA hams will probably get their QSLs later in December when the rest of all the outstanding QSLs will be posted.
b. I hear, some QSLs come damaged or missing. This does happen. If that is your case, contact me, we will work it out.
I take QSLing seriously. That is the reason why I had to write all what you will find down this page.
1. If you need a paper QSL, request it directly with Pay Pal, not via the buro. All Africa and Pacific QSOs have been LoTW uploaded. Do use Pay Pal as I may not be there in Russia at the time when your cards come in. When with PayPal, no need for your QSLs, a list of QSOs and your current address is all I need. The Pay Pal e-mail is identical to the one on this page.
Если Вы говорите по-русски, эти предложения распространяются и на Вас. Особенно если Киев - Ваш столичный город. Не посылайте мне QSL и конверты, делайте все дистанционно и электронно.
2. I find disappointing the number of abusive direct requests expecting half a kilo of my QSLs and half a day of my time to prepare them against half an IRC or a dollar. To avoid this in the future, I am introducing a srtict no exceptions under no conditions formula:
First country/call in the request = 3 USD, each country/call extra + 1 USD. That also concerns direct requests paid with risky cash-in-the-envelope shipments with the difference in the formula that the first counrty/call in the request = 2 USD, the rest stays.
For example, you request SU9VB and E40VB + 5H3VMB/3, that translates into 5 USD. Please be fair and do not pressure me with the notion of the Ham Spirit. I have done enough to deliver the valid QSO to you. Do your part of the job as well.
3. If you want to send IRCs - ok. Each valid IRC will be accepted at the value of 1.5 USD, which means single country/QSL request will require 2 IRCs. Each counrty/QSL extra will need one IRC more on top. For example, if you are requesting CP4WHX, SU9VB and 4W0VB, send 4 IRCs. IRCs need to be stamped on the left side by the post office of origin. No marks or stamps are allowed on the right hand side as this makes the IRC void and not valid anymore.
4. We are in the 21st century, is not that time to stop shifting papers (being that USD cash or IRCs) across borders? I do not need any cards anyway, although I will be happy to QSL if required. See if you can make an effort to learn how you can be part of that Electronic Age as well.
5. I do not agree that LoTW is an assortment of QSLs. I want to see it as an open database. I will immediately return to LoTW when
I have full access to my data there which includes:
a. unlimited editing; b. deleting any of my data if necessary.
6. I do answer bureau requests but, please, do not count on it as a way of getting a card. See it as a pleasant lottery. If that is fine with you - request via the buro. Your chances are a good factor of my spare time and funds being available. I may consider shipping bulk to National QSL bureaus provided we sort the details of the shipment out with them.
1506450 Last modified: 2014-12-08 19:25:43, 6579 bytes
You must be logged in to file a report on this page
Currently updating logbook display.