Before you read everything else, please first take a look at what I had to say first:
I hear, some QSLs come damaged or missing. This does happen. If that is your case, contact me, we will try to work it out.
I take QSLing seriously. That is the reason why I had to write all what you will find down this page.
1. If you need a paper QSL, request it directly with Pay Pal, not via the buro. All Africa and Pacific QSOs have been LoTW uploaded. Do use Pay Pal as I may not be there in Russia at the time when your cards come in. When with PayPal, no need for your QSLs, a list of QSOs and your current address is all I need. The Pay Pal e-mail is identical to the one on this page.
Если Вы говорите по-русски, эти предложения распространяются и на Вас. Особенно если Киев - Ваш столичный город. Не посылайте мне QSL и конверты, делайте все дистанционно и электронно.
2. I have found disappointing the number of abusive direct requests expecting half a kilo of my QSLs and half a day of my time to prepare them against half of an IRC or a fraction of a dollar. To avoid this in the future, I have introduced a srtict no-exceptions-under- no-conditions formula:
First country/call in the request = 3 USD, each country/call extra + 1 USD. That also concerns direct requests paid with risky cash-in-the-envelope shipments with the difference in the formula that the first counrty/call in the request = 2 USD, the rest stays.
For example, you request SU9VB and E40VB + 5H3VMB/3, that translates into 5 USD. Please be fair and do not pressure me with the notion of the Ham Spirit. I have done enough to deliver the valid QSO to you. Do your part of the job as well.
3. If you want to send IRCs - ok. A single country/QSL request will require 2 IRCs. Each counrty/QSL extra will need one IRC more on top. For example, if you are requesting CP4WHX, SU9VB and 4W0VB, send 4 IRCs. IRCs need to be stamped on the left side by the post office of origin. No marks or stamps are allowed on the right hand side as this makes the IRC void and not valid anymore.
4. We are in the 21st century, is not that time to stop shifting papers for payment purposes (being that USD cash or IRCs) across borders? I do not need any cards anyway, although I will be happy to QSL if required. See if you can make an effort to learn how you can be part of that Electronic Age of payments as well.
5. I do not agree that LoTW is an assortment of QSLs. I want to see it as an open database. I will immediately return to LoTW when
I have full access to my data there which includes:
a. unlimited editing; b. deleting any of my data if necessary.
6. I do answer bureau requests but, please, do not count on it as a way of getting a card. See it as a pleasant lottery. If that is fine with you - request via the buro. Your chances are a good factor of my spare time and funds being available. I may consider shipping bulk to National QSL bureaus provided we sort out the details of the shipment with them.
1865389 Last modified: 2015-04-11 20:56:04, 6033 bytes
You must be logged in to file a report on this page
Currently updating logbook display.