QSL received Direct with SAE with $3($2 for EU) = Direct.
QSL received Direct with SAE and $ = Buro.
PLEASE NOT SEND IRC
The Ruins of Tereshchenko castle in Denyshy
A long-standing village of Denyshy is stretched ashore a picturesque river Teterev in 20 km far from Zhytomir city along the Starokonstantinovsky route.It is well-known for being a farmstead of a sugar manufacturer Mikhail Ivanovich Tereshchenko. Here is what the Desk biographical dictionary states about him (site www.bibliotekar.ru): Tereshchenko Mikhail Ivanovich (1886-1956). A Russian businessman, sugar manufacturer was close to the Progressionist Party. He occupied the post of minister for foreign affairs by all three coalition governments. Before the February revolution he participated together with Guchkov and Krymov in a conspiracy intending a palace revolution aimed at Nickolay II`s dethronement remaining the monarchy maintenance. In 1917 he became a Minister of Finances, then a Minister of Foreign Affairs by the Temporary government. After the October revolution of 1917 he went abroad as an emigrant.M.I. Tereshchenko being by no means a poor man had a few farmsteads. But only one of them situated in Denyshy was named no other way than `Tereshchenko Castle`. The farmstead was built in the end of 19th century under an architect P.Gollandskiy`s project. It is resembled with a castle by its high three-story tower. Though the farmstead was long ago ruined its walls still keep traces of rich stucco mouldings and luxury.Many legends say about the sugar manufacturer Tereshchenko. Once he covered the yard of the farmstead with sugar when one of his daughters wished to sledge in a snow in summer, other time he paved his house floor with gold coins.Most likely these legends refer to the folklore and have no common with reality. Tereshchenko was a progressive businessman of his time and used concrete as a floor cover that was know-how of 19th century. Though, who knows it? As a well-known proverb says: `There is no fire without smoke`. There is someone still searching for a notorious `Tereshchenko`s treasure`. Probably that is the reason of heavy machinery traces, with the help of which the farmstead was cleared from brushwood and some underground passage-ways leading to utility rooms were partly dug out. May be they search for a treasure or decided to restore the farmstead. Moreover the farmstead is worth of it.
We will keep beauty!
6125776 Last modified: 2015-07-16 00:17:35, 10246 bytes
Login is required for additional detail.
You must be logged in to file a report on this page