My best DX on 6M band just confirmed . (14035 Km) Thanks to Bob ZL1RS
I'm now on LoTW since March 24 2010 and i encourage any to use this system for save alot of money on qsl shipment and time.
ARRL accept VUCC and FFMA grid now for confirmation via LoTW.
6M Band dedicated website : http://ve2xk.com
Important notes about Qsling !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Direct = USA 2GS & International 3 GS according to Post Canada new rate starting March 31 2014
Not to forget is that US postal stamp are useless in Canada
First Ham callsign 1978 with DA1WS Licence HF Advanced (French Military Force in Germany) Second Ham callsign 1980 with DJ0GF Licence HF Advanced
Member of the International Visual Communication Association
Moving to the Province of Quebec, Canada, in April 1999 .
Canadian callsign are VA2ZFN and VE2XK (Base / Morse / Advanced)
VA2ZFN is presently used for my 6M beacon located in Mont Kanasuta on FN08HE since January 14th 2006.
Station equipment to day :
- 65 Feet Crank-up Tower from Heights Tower Inc. Probably the only one in Canada. Since August 2000.
- 10 ele Tennadyne Log Periodic antenna T10 at 66 feet Since September 1999
- 6 ele Cubex Quad antenna at 76 feet for 6 M . Since July 2005
- PAR -OA50 Omni angle antenna for 6M
- Inverted V 40 M Extended Double Zeppelin antenna 2 X 27 M . I use for 40/80/160 M
mached with Johnson Viking Kilowatts machtbox
- GP9N 2m/70cm at 25 feet Previously at 77 feet
- 1/2 Wave 6M vertical Comet GH-50 at 77 feet
- IC-756 Pro III backup transceiver
- Flex 5000A RX2 ATU used with :
Powered I7-2600K into ASUS Board P8Z68-V PRO/GEN 3 with PCI and USB III
16 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz
Samsung 500 GB EVO SSD SATA III
Seagate Baracuda 3 TB SATA III
ASUS 27 " screen with 1920 X 1080 native resolution
- Elecraft solid state amp KPA 500
- 6M Amp TE SYSTEM 0552G
- Heil PR-781 used with W2IHY 8 Band EQ and EQ plus
- MXL 990 Condenser microphone used with Behringer Ultragain Pro 2200 and W2IHY 8 Band EQ and EQ plus
This past 37 years i have experiment most of the possibility what amateur radio gave me . This past 10 years i'm more interested about 6M band like the great numbers of propagation mode, Dx'ing and grid chase.
I began experimenting on six meter on August 31st 2004 on the deep side of solar cycle 23. I made my 6M WAS #1306 without F2 conditions and without solar peak in a record time of just 33 month and only on sporadic E. My 6M standing , February 23 2015, is as follow : 746 grid worked 732 confirmed - 99 DXCC 99 confirmed .
My last qso's
1726392 Last modified: 2015-02-24 03:54:13, 4428 bytes
You must be logged in to file a report on this page
Currently updating logbook display.