First Licensed in 1967 as WN2CHC (age of 17 years) & Licensed since 1968 as WA2HIP (age of 18 years)
On 8-October-2011, I upgraded from General to Extra
Had a veriety of equipment including: HQ-170, Ameco AC-1, DX60, Central Electronics 20A, Heathkit DX-60, Knight T-150, Swan Cygnet 270, Homebrew 2 x 813 linear, SB-200, SB-610, SBE-34, SB-101, SB-102, SBE-34, Swan-1200W
NOTE that my QTH is physically located in Bangor, Maine. My QTH is approximately 2.5 miles (about 4 km) from my PO Box address in Brewer, Maine, which is across the Penobscot River.
2011 thru present
Station consists of:
1) Icom 7200 (added Dec-2012), Icom 725 transceiver (reserve status Dec-2012)
2) Heathkit SB-201 linear amplifier
3) 20, 15 & 10 meter fan dipole with South-East // North-West broadside (135 degrees by 315 degrees) - elevation approximately 25 feet (about 8 meters)
4) MFJ-969 tuner
5) MFJ-752 audio filter
6) Daiwa NS-660PA wattmeter
7) Heathkit HM-2140 wattmeter
8) Heathkit SB-610 Station Monitor
9) SAMLEX SEC-1235M Power supply (added Jan-2013), and Astron RS-20M (Reserve)
2007 thru 2008
Station consisted of Heathkit SB-101 and a Swan 1200W linear (about 600 watts PEP output) feeding either:
1) a fan dipole (75, 40, 20 meter) at 45-50 feet elevation with a primary broadside direction of East-West;
2) a fan dipole (20, 15 meter) at 40-45 feet with a primary broadside direction of North-South.
I enjoy chasing DX and good rag-chewing. Modes: SSB, PSK, JT65, RTTY, Other Digital, some CW
>>>>>>>>>.Please visit my homepage at http://wa2hip.com
Last modified: 2013-04-02 21:56:05, 2585 bytes cached
This user has no active logs
Does this page contain inappropriate content? If so, Report this page...