First SOTA activations in 2014: Sunday 09th of March 2013 was the opening of the 2014 SOTA season for me, together with Zoli YO2BP and our special guest Hans Blondeel Timmerman PB2T (president IARU region 1). We activated together YO/MC-096 Muntele Mic 1.802m / 8 points and for the first time YO/WC-207 Piatra Goznei 1.447m / 8 points. A lot of QSO's in 40m, 30m, 20m and 12m, CW and SSB made with 2 stations in the same time. Beautiful weather: 10 degrees Celsius, no wind on first summit, clear sky and decent propagation. See photos below.
Paper QSL's completed up to 01st of October, 2013 and shipped via the bureau.
"Being a Radio Ham is like a drug, once it's in your blood you never get rid of it." - ZS1RJQ
- I am NOT a contest-man, I am NOT running for various awards, I enjoy exchanging QSL cards but NOT enjoy paying for them with "small contributions".
- I like DX-ing, QRP-made QSO's, SOTA & portable activations, testing various ham radio equipments, constructing and calibrating antennas, and I am looking for more than "59 - 73" QSO's.
- If you share my vision, let's make beautiful QSO's together, we deserve this.
- Born in 1970 in the middle of the legendary Transsylvania, in the city of Targu Mures;
- Since 1989 relocated in Timisoara, where I live today;
- SWL since 1981 when I built my first antenna;
- Ham Radio licensed starting from November 2010, after 15 years of wishes to do this;
- SOTA activator & also chaser starting from August 2011;
- Also working in QRP frequently;
- Active especially on weekends, we can communicate in Romanian, English, Italian and a little in French.
- Icom IC-751A transceiver
- SGC MAC-200 antenna controller
- Yaesu FT-7 transceiver (QRP station)
- LDG Z-817H QRP autotuner
- 10m band single element vertical Delta Loop HM antenna (20, 17, 15, 12, 10 &6 m)
- 35m lenght horizontal Longwire HM antenna (160, 80 & 40 m)
- Kaiser KA9040 CB transceiver
- Sirio CB27 Special vertical antenna
- Motorola GM340 VHF transceiver
- Motorola GM600 UHF transceiver
- Lafayette SG-7200 dual band VHF/UHF antenna with duplexer
Portable & SOTA station:
- Kenwood TS-50S transceiver
- LDG AT-100ProII autotuner
- SGC SG-2020 transceiver
- LDG Z-100 autotuner
- Sigma Venom 5/8 HyGain vertical antenna
- 10m band Bambi (single element quad) HM antenna
- 13,5m wire vertical fishpole HM antenna
- MFJ 1956 12" vertical telescopic antenna
- horizontal dipole made with 2 x MFJ 1977 telescopic antennas
- Falcon Outback 1899 multiband antenna
QSL card policy:
- QSL received via bureau: 100% response via bureau, twice a year;
- QSL received direct: 100% response direct, next week;
- 100% response to eQSL's, usually once a week;
- no LOTW as time as they use that very complicated registration system;
- daily update of qrz.com logbook;
- SWL reports welcomed.
73, Good Luck and Good DX from YO2MSB !
My QTH (KN05os) and surroundings:
My ham radio shack:
Some of my base antennas:
My QSL card:
Personal record for a QSO in QRP - 15.700km / VK7AC Norman from Tasmania:
(one of the BEST operators I know)
My SOTA awards:
"Respect the QRP frequencies" campaign award:
First SOTA Activation ever - 14.08.2011 - OE/SB-016 Kreuzkogel 2.686m:
SOTA Activation - 09.03.2014 - YO/MC-096 Muntele Mic 1.802m:
SOTA Activation - 09.03.2014 - YO/WC-207 Piatra Goznei 1.447m:
* * *
Many thanks to all the visitors of this page!
Hope you enjoy it.