QRZ, in association with the W5YI-VEC, offers FCC authorized online license update and renewal services for
USA Amateurs. These services include:
- Notice - As of February 16, 2015, the FCC no longer prints or issues paper
All licensing information is now published online at the FCC website
and sites that use this data including QRZ.COM.
- Corrections or Change of Address: make spelling and/or mailing address
corrections to your existing license.
- License Renewals: renew your license when it is within 90 days of
expiring, or make a reinstatement if it has expired within the last 2 years.
Changes of address and/or corrections can also be made at the same time.
- Non-US Residents: We now accept renewals of USA licenses that are held
by non-USA residents. These are also known as reciprocal operating permits.
- Club Stations: We are not able to update information for
club stations. For more info please call the W5YI-VEC number listed below.
How Long Does It Take?
VEC hours are Monday thru Friday, 8AM to 5PM, Central Time. Applications and renewals are usually
processed within 48 hours if submitted before Friday of each week. Applications filed at QRZ
are sent directly to the W5YI-VEC where they are reviewed by specially trained and authorized staff before
being input directly into the FCC's system. Your update is effective immediately upon its appearance
on the FCC website.
How much does it cost?
The W5YI-VEC/QRZ online update service costs just $8 and major credit
cards are accepted online. The fee includes all applicable taxes.
Need to contact the W5YI-VEC by Phone?
Call the W5YI-VEC on their toll free number at: