QSL Card Guidelines for K2C Special Event Station (one of thirteen for the event) in Fort Worth, Texas
Please follow the instructions below for QSL cards ONLY from K2C:
(For the Award Certificate instructions, see the Award Certificate Guidelines link at the bottom of the page)
1) You must include a SASE - (Self Addressed STAMPED Envelope) - with your request. If a SASE is NOT included, your QSL request WILL NOT be processed by K2C - the Convoy On-The-Air Special Event Station in Fort Worth, TX
2) DX stations must include a SAE - (Self Addressed Envelope) - along with $2 US to cover the cost of foreign postage. NO IRC's will be accepted and a QSL bureau will NOT be used.
3) K2C is one of the thirteen BankHead Convoy On-The-Air event Special Event Stations, however we are NOT a forwarding service or QSL bureau, and therefore will NOT forward any QSL cards that are addressed to any other station. K2C will only process requests that are addressed to K2C.
QSL cards (from the Cowtown Amateur Radio Club, K5COW) will be available to those that work this Special Event Station - K2C - during the BankHead Military Vehicle Convoy On-The-Air Special Event
We will provide QSL cards via direct only - sorry- NO BUREAU, Eqsl, or LOTW.
We will provide QSL cards to SWL- Short Wave Listeners - following the same request guidelines as noted here.
(SWL- QSL Cards only- NO AWARD Certificates)
To get your Direct QSL card:
Within the USA: Send a Self-Addressed, Stamped Envelope (SASE) to: [ see address below ]
From outside the USA: Send a Self-Addressed, UNSTAMPED Envelope (SAE) along with 2 (two) $2 US - 'green stamps' (NO IRC’s) to: [ see address below ]
ALL incoming QSL Requests for K2C should be mailed to:
Mark J Culross, KD5RXT
K2C Convoy Special Event Station QSL Manager & K2C Call sign Temporary Trustee is KD5RXT.
Go to the Award Certificate Guidelines webpage Here
Dates of operation: Sept 19 - Oct 17, 2015 - the entire duration of the Convoy On-The-Air Special Event
Planned station operations:
1) Sept 19 - Oct 17 - the entire duration of the Convoy On-The-Air Special Event - operations will be staged from Cowtown Amateur Radio Club members' homes in the Fort Worth, TX area
2) Sunday October 4th & 5th, 2015 (only) - operations will be originating at the Convoy stopping point in Fort Worth, Texas: Farrington Field, Fort Worth, Texas
Planned station bands & modes:
Phone: 10m, 12m, 15m, 17m, 20m, 40m, 80m
CW: 20m, 40m
PSK-31: 20m, 40m
Local: 147.28 (PL 110.0) club repeater
We can also support WinLink over HF as needed
Click on the following link to view our operating schedule: [ here ]
K2C Special Event Station will be run by the Cowtown Amateur Radio Club, K5COW, located in Fort Worth,TX
The Bankhead Highway was named for Good Roads promoter John Hollis Bankhead, (1842-1920) who was a Confederate war hero, an Alabama state representative, a state senator, a ten-term member of the U.S. House of Representatives, and finally a U.S. Senator. William Brockman Bankhead (April 12, 1874 – September 15, 1940) was born at the Bankhead Plantation in Lamar County, Alabama.
Cowtown Amateur Radio Club, K5COW (formerly W5SJZ) website: http://www.qsl.net/w5sjz/
See QRZ.com webpage for KD5RXT for more information about K2C
K2C is one of the thirteen Special Event Stations for the BankHead Military Vehicle Convoy On-The-Air Special Event
BankHead Military Vehicle Convoy On-The-Air Special Event website: http://convoyontheair.org
6702562 Last modified: 2015-09-11 04:19:25, 6769 bytes
You must be logged in to file a report on this page
This callsign does not participate in the QRZ Logbook