K2D is a Convoy Route Station for BankHead
Military Vehicle Convoy On-The-Air Special Event
K7RDG Cochise Amateur Radio Association
Sierra Vista, AZ
Cochise Amateur Radio Association - CARA - based in Sierra Vista, Arizona, was formed in the early 1970's. They meet monthly, and host an annual Hamfest in May. Their extensive antenna farm includes several repeaters and they host the 2m Mule Mountain Net every Thursday evening. The club is active in emergency communications – RACES, as well as the annual ARRL Field Day and other local events.
Club website www.k7rdg.org
Dates of operation: Sept 19 - Oct 17, 2015 whole month of the Convoy On-The-Air Special Event
Location of station operations:
1) Oct 12, 2015 (only) at the Convoy nightly stopping point: National Guard Armory, Douglas, AZ
2) Oct 13, 2015 (only) Portable at the Lunch stop at the Walmart Supercenter Parking lot in Benson, AZ
3) Sept 19 - Oct 17, 2015 whole month - CARA members homes in the Sierra Vista, AZ area
Bands: 6M thru 160M as conditions allow
Modes: SSB voice
QSL Card Guidelines for
K2D Convoy Route Station
Sierra Vista, AZ
Please following the instructions below for QSL cards ONLY from K2D:
(For the Award Certificate instructions use the link at the bottom of the page)
1) You must include a SASE - (Self Addressed STAMPED Envelope) - with your request. If a SASE is NOT included, your QSL request WILL NOT be processed by K2D - one of the Convoy On-The-Air Route Stations in Sierra Vista AZ.
2) DX stations must include a SAE - (Self Addressed Envelope) - along with $2 US to cover the cost of foreign postage. NO IRC's will be accepted and a QSL bureau will NOT be used.
3) K2D is one of the Convoy On-The-Air Route Stations, however we are NOT a forwarding service or QSL bureau, and therefore will NOT forward any QSL cards that are addressed to any other station. K2D will only process requests that are addressed to K2D.
QSL cards (from our group Cochise ARA) will be available to those that work this
Convoy Route Station - K2D - during the
BankHead Military Vehicle Convoy On-The-Air Special Event
We will provide QSL cards via direct and Eqsl only.
Eqsl logs will be uploaded after Convoy ends.
sorry - NO BUREAU or LOTW.
We will provide QSL cards to SWL- Short Wave Listeners -
following the same request guidelines as noted here.
(SWL- QSL Cards only- NO AWARD Certificates)
To get your Direct QSL card:
Within the USA: Send a Self-Addressed, Stamped Envelope (SASE) to:
From outside the USA: Send a Self-Addressed, UNSTAMPED Envelope (SAE)
along with 2 (two) $2 US - 'green stamps' (NO IRC’s) to:
ALL incoming QSL Requests for K2D should be mailed to:
Elias "G" Guadalupe, KG7DJY
K2D Convoy Route Station QSL Manager &
K2D Call sign Temporary Trustee is KG7DJY.
6731092 Last modified: 2015-09-23 17:46:40, 4975 bytes
You must be logged in to file a report on this page
This callsign does not participate in the QRZ Logbook