Hi, I'm Graeme G0WCZ. Licensed ham since 1981 in Australia, New Zealand and UK. A couple of long gaps away from the hobby in there :-)
I'm based in Brighton, East Sussex, United Kingdom in IO90wu.
I blog at de G0WCZ.
- Summits on the Air (SOTA), mostly in South-East England
- QRP & making equipment
- HF QSOs, but not a big contester.
- Improving my CW. Goal: 25wpm rag chew. Currently patchy <18wpm.
- VHF/UHF digital, D-star, DMR, Fusion etc.
- Icom IC-7300
- Yaesu FC-902 Tuner feeding a homebrew 40m off-centre fed dipole with 4:1 balun
- Behringer Dynamic Mic & mic boom & mixer-preamp
- Palm Pico Paddle key
- Kent twin paddle key
- bhi Compact In-Line Noise Eliminator (for receive audio)
- Alinco Dm-330FX switched power supply
Not-very-tidy home shack
Portable HF and SOTA Station
Yaesu FT-817ND (5W)
- LNR MTR3b Mountaintopper
- Funkamateur DYC-8x7 2.0 Dynamic Compressor
- Sotabeams Adventure Tuner
- Sotabeams End-fed for 40m-10m
- ATX Walkabout Portable Antenna (80m-6m)
- Camden Boss VRLA 12v 5AH SLAB
- Palm Pico Paddle
Portable Handies VHF/UHF
- Yaesu FT-60E
- Yaesu FT-1XDE
- Retevis DMR RT-3
- Icom ID-51e plus
I've moved around a bit. Got my original tech ticket in Australia, then spent a year in New Zealand doing CW, so upgraded. A few years in the US and then finally pretty much settled in the UK.
1981: VK6ZGK (Australian, limited)
1982: ZL2UFI (New Zealand, grade III)
1982: ZL2BDJ (New Zealand, grade II)
1983: VK6AGS (Australian Full)
1995 to now: G0WCZ
FISTS (Europe): 17648