Login is required for additional detail.
QSL: DIRECT, VIA BUREAU, LOTW, OR EQSL.CC
Email: Login required to view
Premium Subscriber Lookups: 91349
- "The Soviet Sputnik -- the first in the world" -- caught my attention when it was launched on October 4, 1957.
- First licensed in 1958 as WV2BQJ in Syracuse, NY. Upgraded to General Class in 1959 as WA2BQJ
- First station: Heathkit DX-40 + Hallicrafters SX-99 receiver + an end-fed long wire. "Those Were The Days" -- especially for 10M DX !
- Other calls held: Ohio (WB8CHZ), Pennsylvania (WA3VTM), and California (WA6OMA, KE6MI)
- In 1976, my career took me to Silicon Valley, where I reconnected with amateur radio in the late 90s
- I enjoy DXing, Ragchewing, Antenna Construction, and all aspects of Contesting
- Operator: 2010 PJ7E "10-10-10" DXpedition to St. Maarten
- Pilot + Webmaster for the 2012 NH8S DXpedition to Swains Island
- Pilot + Webmaster for the 2013 C82DX DXpedition to Mozambique
- Operator: 2013 K9W Commemmorative DXpedition to Wake Atoll
- Operator: 2015 K1N DXpedition to Navassa Island
- Operator: 2016 K5P DXpedition to Palmyra Atoll
If you visit my website - http://www.k6mm.com - you'll find, among other things:
- A Gallery containing over 1,000 images of my QSL card collection
- "The No Excuses 160M Vertical" antenna, which won the June 2009 QST cover plaque award
- Google Movie showing "Where's San Jose, CA?"
- My tribute to William Marcum, the original holder of callsign K6MM
- "Fun Stuff", including Ham Cartoons, old TV Commercials and links to some very unusual Morse Code keys
Designing amateur radio websites is another hobby. I'm the Web Guy for these sites:
- Past-President of the Northern California Contest Club
- Founding Member of the CW Operators’ Club (CWops #11)
- Northern California DX Foundation Board Member
- Co-chair for the 2011, 2013, 2015 & 2017 International DX Convention in Visalia.
QSL Policy: 100% - preferably in this order:
- Logbook of the World (LoTW)
Let's have a QSO soon!
7810149 Last modified: 2017-01-05 22:02:14, 11647 bytes
QRZ Logbook Summary for - K6MM