Welcome to KE3HAY
Upcoming Events for Us!
North American QSO Party 2016
Keon in a nut shell … Here is goes. I am a Very down to earth guy. I enjoy talking on the radio. You can catch me usually on the 2 meter 146.67 repeater in Baltimore if you wanna chat. I am a member of the 3905 Century Club, OMISS, OMIK, PVRC, and the president emaritus of Baltimore Amateur Radio Club aka BARC.
Lots of folks talk about their rigs so let me tell you what I am running.
The Icom is my primary Station.
The Antennas had to change with the radio change. To run a good contest station I decided to have a mixed bag of tricks. On a 1/4 acre its tough to do some things but I found this to work.
1. I USE to have a Windom from Buckscomm that is from 2 trees. The city cut me tree in the front sooooo ... I have a Cut Dipole on 80 that is experimental at this point in time.
2. A Mosley tribander with a 40M Kit. Its nice to have directional antenna during tough times.
3. Hustler 6BTV Vertical comes in handy when the wire is not hearing the US. It tends not to be a DX machine but its the element of selectivity that counts. It gives me that edge.
4. New is a 40M DELTA loop that is much more quiet then the wire. At 25ft off the ground I dont hear the noise and the less noise the easier it is to hear signals. To work them I sometime switch to something else but you have to hear them before you work em.
5. 6 meter is a Cushcraft 3 element Beam.
6. I love 2m FM and i like to go distance. WAY up at about 48ft is the vertical 2m and 440MHz beam.
During Contest time I will take down the wire and put up an 80m cut dipole. Sometimes I will put up a 60M dipole when I want to do some 60M stuff.
I am good in the Omiss, Century Club 80 and 40 Bureau and eQSL.cc www.eQSL.cc/Member.cfm?KE3HAY
If you want a hard copy QSL card, please go to my website. the address is www.ke3hay.org and fill out the QSL card request form. You DO NOT NEED to send a SASE. If you were wonderful enough to send me a card then I can return the favor with a stamp and a card to you. God blesses me with a spare $10 for stamps every now and then. Even allowed me to print postage right from the shack. Thanks for stopping buy and good luck with solar cycle 24!!!
7462017 Last modified: 2016-07-24 06:18:32, 24515 bytes
You must be logged in to file a report on this page
This callsign does not participate in the QRZ Logbook