QRZ.COM
ad: mars-1
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
M0UKR England flag England

Login is required for additional detail.

Email: Login required to view

Ham Member Lookups: 5671

 

Hi all, M0UKR Alex here!

Licenced since 2001 and been active on and off over that period. I operate 99% CW with the other 1% weak signal digital modes . I enjoy working a bit of DX, although I'm not one for spending ages trying to bust a pile up and I really enjoy a ragchew on the key on the lower bands. My station is quite modest by some hams standards but CW gets me through most of the time.

I'm Chairman of Verulam Amateur Radio Club based in St. Albans. We are a large RSGB affliated club with lots going on and our own operating site on the very top of the Dunstable Downs. Please visit our website http://www.verulam-arc.org.uk/

I'm also into CW contesting so you may hear me using M0UKR, my short contest call M3A or our clubs contest call G3V. My home contest station consists of a IC-7600, TS-950SD and QRO from a Ten-Tec Centaur and the antennas mentioned below. I'm running keying, logging, etc. through N1MM+.

Using an Icom IC-7600 for HF and 6M, an Elecraft KX3 for portable and QRP work, a fully modded Yaesu FT-847 for 4m and an Icom IC-910X for everything else up to 23CM. Antennas are a doublet for the HF bands, home brewed 6 ele LFA for 6m, 4 ele for 4m and a Diamond X-510N vertical colinear for VHF/UHF with an array of VHF/UHF/SHF stuff in the attic. I can run full legal on all HF bands from a TenTec Centaur (3X811A).

I had a great summer 'E' season in 2017 and worked JA for the first time. I hope to have met you or meet you on 4 or 6m. Anyways looking to increase my square count on 4m.

Starting from November onwards I will be active on EME again this winter with an improved station from last year. I've home-brewed 4 X 9 element LFA antennas and made feedline changes which should reduce the noise problems I have here surrounded by houses. Running 400 Watts at the antennas provided by a Linear Amp UK Discovery PA (GS-35B triode), IC-910H and WSJT. This setup is all I have room for so it took a lot of optimizing!!

My keys are a Begali Pearl in palladium finish, a Vibroplex Original Deluxe Bug (my favourite and most used key) and a Kent straight key for QRS or SK activities.

***QSL POLICY*** Please don't send me cards. I don't collect cards, I don't send cards. Please save your money!

Hope to meet you on the band soon....

73 es GL de M0UKR Alex

FISTS #16946

SKCC #13939

 

 

8420372 Last modified: 2017-10-30 18:21:26, 2785 bytes

Login Required

Login is required for additional detail.

You must be logged in to file a report on this page

Please login now...

Public Logbook data is temporarily not available for this user
ad: giga-db
Copyright © 2018 by QRZ.COM
Wed Feb 21 09:16:15 2018 UTC
CPU: 0.054 sec 58892 bytes mp