Hi and thanks for lookin' me up.
I'd been licenced since October 2008 and acquired CEPT T/R 61-01 | HAREC licence (Polish "Kat. 1") March 2009 (due to legal changes allowing CEPT for non-CW operators)
April 2016: licence updated for new QTH and callsign SQ5PJ (ex SQ5NWE)
I'm moderately active on local repeaters and occasionally on HF bands. I'm mostly interested in experimenting with simple antennas and keeping my mobile and portable setup ready for EmComm activations.
- Yaesu FT-857D multi-band multi-mode
- ICOM ID-5100 D-STAR/FM 2m/70cm (love it, esp. the touch display)
- Baofeng UV-82 2m/70cm handheld (this Chinese put Yeasu VX3R into backup box - what a battery!)
- Yaesu FT-2900 mobile 75W FM 2m monobander (passive cooling - quiet, simple&efficient, real workhorse)
- 70cm Motorola GM-1200E
- President Lincoln - old trusty 10m ~30W transceiver (CB capable, sits in car and waits for 10m propagation)
- Yaesu VX-3R 2m/70cm mini-micro handheld (abused, keep it as backup)
- MA-6000 (Lafayette/Hoxin clone of Diamond X-510) - ca. 12m above ground
- 42m "long wire" (with counterpoise, fed by high ratio broadband transformer - "end-fedz" style) -
- Ampro mobile sticks for 80 and 40 meters
- mobile Sirio Megawatt 4000 CB whip cut for 10m (ca. 2 meter long)
- homemade EFHW's (EndFed Half Wave) for 80 and 20m
- LDG Z-11 PRO II autotuner - gives me choice to go easy way and quickly set up less than optimal station on any band ("random" wire + tuner in right-under-antenna autocoupler configuration).
...and lots of wires, C's& L's (incl. resonant circuits) enabling me to constitute other constructions as portable conditions permit. I also own invaluable MAX4 antenna analyser making all those antenna experiments less quizzy.
Also got FotoKite160 (a flowform type single line kite 2 sq.m. large) - pulls like a devil, even with 40 m of thin "speaker" wire hooked, but it isn't 100% stable in gusty winds and "sloper" often turns into "grass wire" ;)
- little & noisy (fan, not RF) Lafayette SS-830 (3-16V 25-28A)
- modified "xbox" 13,6V / 16+A (cheap, quiet & efficient)
- house/station backup: 100Ah + 55 Ah gel cells fed from 2x50W solar panels and MeanWell RSP-150-13.5 industry level supply
- some 6-9 Ah, 33Ah AGM batteries, 10W solar cell (kept ready for portable operations)
All the best and hope to hear You soon (again).
73 de Pat SQ5PJ (ex SQ5NWE)
Lo-fi photo of my shack-in-notebook-bag at forest shelter: