VU4K is now QRT
Plan to be QRV from VU4 (Port Blair) and this is a Solo trip.
Dates:The permit is from March 15-30th, but will plan to be QRV around March 20 to March 30th.
Mode: Operation will be SSB/RTTY.
Equipment : 2ele steppir + 30/40m, Acom 1000 and may be a butternut Vertical
(equipment in use is subject to change, should there be any change to the location plans)
QSL : Before QSLing, please make sure ALL your QSO's are accounted for. If any missing, please
email me and let us get that resolved first.
Option 1: OQRS via Clublogs. ( We will send out OQRS direct requests first and this is cheaper
for EU hams than mailing via postal system)
Step 1: Click on the link below. Please make sure you are logged into clublogs using your own account.
Step 2: Search the VU4K logs for your callsign. If you are in the log, then there will be a button at the
bottom called "Request QSL". Please click the button, complete ALL formalities which might
Option 2: QSL to W4VKU
1) Please write "VU4K" on the envelope. If you are bunching cards for multiple operations, then write all
operations on the envelope. This will help the envelopes to be handled appropriately.
2) Please ensure sufficient postage is present, if SASE is used. ($1.15 for international and
first class anytime stamp for local USA)
3) If sending stamped envelope, please make sure there is adequate postage for the number of cards
involved, since each of the expedition card is a double foldable card, so is heavy. Also the envelope
needs to be durable to not rip open in transit.
4) If sending SASE, on the return envelope, please write your callsign on the envelope somewhere.
5) If using SASE, please use self-sealing envelope with peelable flap stickers. This helps speed the
processing or else i will delay the bunch of envelopes that needs me to use water to wet the glue,
clean excess water and close the flap. When i have several 100 envelopes to close, i will wait till
i have a batch to process.
6) EU folks, no EU coins please :). You can send EU currency bills or $ bills, but not coins.
7) If sending cheques, it needs to be made payable to "Krishna Kankasapapathi".
8) I don't need your cards while QSLing for expeditions. So please save the trees. Please write the QSO's
on a piece of paper. Absolutely make sure all your QSO's are in clublogs and if any missing, please
email and lets get that resolved first. It will only speed up QSL processing.
9) If you are sending SASE with some stamps and some money, it delays my processing, since i will
then need to go to the post office to purchase the right stamps for the missing denomination.
10) Regular mail is sufficient. Registered mail might get delayed, since they will need my signature
for delivery and if i am not home, they will want me to drive 7 miles to the post office to pick it up
or they will return it to you.
Save your money. If you want me to inform you about receiving your mail, please write on
the envelope "
been received without opening it to see the contents. I will use your QRZ.com email address. So
please ensure the email address is right.
As always it is a pleasure to hear from folks that they received the QSL card via mail. It helps me to get an idea of which batches are being received and the mail transit time worldwide.
Logs: Please make sure all your QSO's are in the log before you send a QSL request. Please write to email@example.com
and make QSL card requests after logs are fixed. This speeds up processing of the QSL card.
Contact: Please email to the following address for VU4K related traffic firstname.lastname@example.org
Pilot : Please reach out to Mark, N1UK for feedback, schedule requests ( Mark will have direct online and phone access to me at VU4)
Sponsor: If you would like to support, here is the paypal option
A big thank you for the following sponsors. A QSL Card and Lotw confirmation will come to you by default:
VE3RA Edward Kulchenko
145 kilos of air cargo
Arrival at Port Blair in the Andaman Islands
The terrace access (just don't walk drunk)
Climb even higher
This is what the Steppir sees
6120788 Last modified: 2015-07-16 00:17:09, 12924 bytes
You must be logged in to file a report on this page
This callsign does not participate in the QRZ Logbook