April 8, 2017 Presentation "D-STAR for absolutely beginners" at DARC 2. FUNK.TAG 2017
Mar 17, 2017 Elected member of steering committee of our local club Amateurfunk Unterfranken e.V. in Würzburg
Mar 8, 2017: Calling cq on 40m in CW after a very long time. Rig is Elecraft K1 w/ 5W into mobile whip at my balcony.
- Trying to send some APRS packets to ISS / ARISS on 437.55MHz with no luck
- Activating 23cm band in FM with Alinco DJ-G7
Feb 2017: EchoLink now online in Würzburg JN49XS
Call DB0NIC-L 145.2875 MHz PL 136.5 Hz
Node number 799527
Feb 2nd, 17 Fan modification Icom ID-5100E ( up to your own risk)
The regular fan is much too loud for the shack. The mod ist to replace the original fan by a much quiter modell like the Sunon 40x40x20mm HA40201V4-999 DC 12V 4700 U/min 13dBA. Just open the lower part of the ID-5100 cabinet and remove the four srews of the fan. Cut the original fan DC cable and keep the plug with some length of lead. Solder the lead to the new fan. Check the orientation of both fans. They both have little arrows to indicate the airflow direction.
QRV in Barcelona, Spain from Dec 29th, 16 to Jan 3rd, 17. Preferred mode is D-STAR and maybe DMR if I find a suitable code plug
Retevis RT3 is a nice cheap radio with some disadvantages (R2D2 problems). With the new Hytera AR685 DMR is now much more attractive to me - Dec 2016
QRV in A6 Dubai using MacBook and Buster App & NWDR ThumbDV from Nov 7 to Nov 14, 2016
Participant of Hamnet Seminar at DARC Headquarter October 29 2016
Icom D-STAR QSO party September 23 - September 25 2016
Vaterstaetten nr Munich, Germany
September 11th, 2016
I passed the Extra Class exam. The new callsign is KW4YC
Hamradio, Friedrichhafen, Germany
June 26th, 2016
I passed the Technician and General Class exam. The assigned callsign is KM4VDR
Hamvention 2016 and Contest Dinner Sat. May 21, 2016 Crowne Plaza Hotel Dayton, Ohio were great.
First licensed in 1986 as DG2NCL for VHF/UHF and above.
Upgrade in 1988 as DH5NAQ for restricted HF and 1989 as DL4NDE for full access to all bands and modes.
In 2005 I changed my call to -.. .... ..... .. ... DH5IS
Other Callsigns 2006 S79BG and 2007 VK8AAF.
I like home made rig. My favorite radios are K1 (S/N 01813) and K2 (S/N 03153) by Elecraft.
At the moment (2016) D-STAR is my favorite mode. I am using an Icom ID-51 and ID-5100. At home I operate a hotspot DB0NIC with a Raspberry Pi, Arduino Mega with DVMEGA GMSK shield and DV4mini. My radio for DMR+ is a Retevis RT3.
To contact me through D-STAR use Callsign Routing or CCS7 Code (262) 8308.
vy73 de Bernd (Ben)
Author of following Articles in DARC member magazine cqDL
- Bernd Götter, DH5IS, D-Star CCS7-ID als Rufzeichen (D-Star CCS7-ID as a C-Callsign), cqDL 04/2016, page 40
- Bernd Götter, DH5IS, Frische Daten für das Funkgerät (Update of the internal Setting/Repeater List of Icom ID-Series), cqDL 06/2016, page 44
- Bernd Götter, DH5IS, BlueSpot+ Digital Voice Hotspot, cqDL 07/2016, page 44 Link is here
- Bernd Götter, DH5IS, Tipps zur Urlaubsplanung (mit dem D-STAR Funkgerät), cqDL 08/2016, page 48
- Bernd Götter, DH5IS, Mit D-STAR in fremder Umgebung, cqDL 09/2016, page 54
- Bernd Götter, DH5IS, TH-D74: Ein neuer (D-) Star, cqDL 11/2016, page 18
See also here for several articles in German about D-Star.
Ben, Wuerzburg DE-BY;
8046834 Last modified: 2017-04-21 21:33:33, 5024 bytes
You must be logged in to file a report on this page
Book Totals: 215 qso's 7 confirmed Get a free logbook at QRZ.COM