Passed TechnicianPlus 6 July, 1989
Upgraded to General 17 August, 2001
Upgraded to Extra 13 August, 2016
PARTICIPATED 2016 FIELD DAY, NA9U GROUP, SHELBY, INDIANA.
My interests in the Eighties was mainly, VHF - UHF Repeaters and Packet radio.
When the Internet became alive and well, I pretty much went in
other directions, other than Amateur Radio. I'm happy to say after about twenty years,
I have restored my interest in the hobby, and have been active in the HF arena.
Currently, QRP operating has captured my curiosity. ECHOLINK AND DSTAR next on the list.
With some patience, and persistence, its rewarding to see where on this earth you will heard next.
Learning alot and having a blast.
HF Bands ----------Yaesu FTdx 3000D, Yaesu FT 757GXii, Yaesu FRG-8800, Yaesu 857D, Yaesu 817ND (QRP), Icom IC-7300
VHF/UHF -----------Kenwood TM-721A dual bander, Kenwood TH75A DBHT, Yaesu VX 8DR, Yaesu FT-212RH,
RF Concepts RFC 2-414 2M 125 Watt amp.
LDG Tuners --------( YT-1200, YT-100, Z817, AT-100PRO II)
Power Supplies-----Alinco DM-330FX , DM-330-MV, ASTRON RS-35M, ASTRON RS-12A
Antennas------------Ultimax DXExtreme 124', and 88' End Fed ants., Cameleon Emcomm ii 60' End Fed,
Buddipoles and Buddisticks, Alexloop MagneticLoop ant., Diamond HyGain dualbanders,
CW-------------------Vibroplex VibroKeyer Deluxe, Palm Mini Paddle, AOR AR-501 Radio Telegraph Terminal
Mics------------------Heil Pro Set Elite, MD-100a8x
Eqsl's are automatically uploaded at time of QSO.
DX Code of Conduct
Learn it! Believe in it! Follow it!
Mr. Spock Supports the DX Code of Conduct
what you can do to improve DXEtiquette
DX Code Of Conduct
(various languages inside)
- I will listen, and listen, and then listen again before calling.
- I will only call if I can copy the DX station properly.
- I will not trust the DX cluster and will be sure of the DX station's call sign before calling.
- I will not interfere with the DX station nor anyone calling and will never tune up on the DX frequency or in the QSX slot.
- I will wait for the DX station to end a contact before I call.
- I will always send my full call sign.
- I will call and then listen for a reasonable interval. I will not call continuously.
- I will not transmit when the DX operator calls another call sign, not mine.
- I will not transmit when the DX operator queries a call sign not like mine.
- I will not transmit when the DX station requests geographic areas other than mine.
- When the DX operator calls me, I will not repeat my call sign unless I think he has copied it incorrectly.
- I will be thankful if and when I do make a contact.
- I will respect my fellow hams and conduct myself so as to earn their respect
VHF / UHF / HF MOBILE